Ask Raven

Discussion in 'The Coffee House' started by Raven, Aug 19, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Raven

Raven Guest

I thoughtthis might be a way for some of the members here to get to know me better. Iknow I am sort of an enigma here and so I give you the chance to ask meanything on your minds. Just try and keep it clean J

2. Sadeyes

Sadeyes Staff Alumni

What is your favorite book? Now that was clean

Damn, I thought of another...boxers, briefs or commando...a little more cheeky

3. Raven

Raven Guest

1985, I have worn the pages out from that book, I feel we have crept closer and closer to this version of reality, it is just not as in plain sight.

Boxers, I end up buying those in bulk due to my absolute hatred of going to big box stores, for some reason people look at you funny buying thirty or so pairs of boxers but I just can’t imagine why.

4. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

lol i don't know why either Do you like all this new technology or would you prefer life was simpler like when people actually picked up a phone and talked to each other
    What is your favorite food one that you would never tire of

5. Sadeyes

Sadeyes Staff Alumni

6. ThornThatNeverHeals

ThornThatNeverHeals Well-Known Member

HOw did you get to know so much about all that tech stuff? DO you consider yourself a nerd, or just wise?

7. Raven

Raven Guest

Technologycan be a great thing, it really allows us to find people we never would have meetotherwise, I myself hate phones I am stuck on them most of the day at work, Imuch more like sitting down with a chat program it gives me more time to thinkof my response and is much less stressful. The technology. I hate when peoplecan’t get away from it, I have two or three hours set aside where all the technologygets turned off, no phones, no computers nothing just get away from it all.

Tacos,I can put hot-sauce on them in massive quantities, I live on them for days andnights for weeks at a time and I have never really thought damn I could nevereat another taco again. (home made tacos that is.)

8. total eclipse

That is good you can just shut down technology and get away from it for awhile I agree that fourms are less frightneing then talking on a phone. Sometimes it is good to hear real voice
    Tacos mmm and yes homemade ones are the best.

9. Raven

Raven Guest

HOw did you get to know so much about all that tech stuff? DO you consider yourself a nerd, or just wise?

I got lucky with a very awesome high school teacher many years ago, the very small school I want to set up a computer lab and many nights I would spend working with him and other volunteers soaking up knowledge. From their I spent a year in collage learning networking that landed me a job at the company my old man worked at. I spent nine years there so far working first in Tape operations and then moving onto a support desk, and again got lucky that I found someone that kicked me in the hoop every day to study I never could let him get further ahead of me.

I have spent years reading, studying and learning, over ten years I have been chasing my tech knowledge.

10. Sadeyes

Sadeyes Staff Alumni

I just fell in love with fish tacos...but I know, you have a portion of a cow to make disappear

11. Raven

Raven Guest

I have most of that gone, I am waiting on the next batch,

so many things to cook but chili is next I have tons of peppers from the garden waiting to be used.

12. total eclipse

ARe you active outside as well do you have a sport you enjoy doing not just watching lol

13. Raven

Raven Guest

Ya dressage, that is where a lot of my time is spent, horses are a passion of mine and bike riding when I healthy enough to do it and that has not been much this summer.

14. total eclipse

Sorry hun to not be knowledgeable but what is dressage is the a type of riding you do with the horse

I rode a horse once or should i say it took me for a ride right into a bush uggg never tried it again lol

15. Terry

Terry Antiquities Friend Staff Alumni

Linux nerd?

Dressage! that took me back years! Did my dressage exam in 1970 :laugh:
    Would be hard pressed to mount, let alone perform, now.

16. thedeafmusician

thedeafmusician Staff Alumni

dressage is awesome! not gonna lie but i'm kind of envious -- not allowed to horse ride anymore =[

what kinda music and stuff do you like?

17. Acy

Acy Mama Bear - TLC, Common Sense Staff Member Safety & Support

Dressage! It's so beautiful to watch...*sighs*...and needs a skilled rider!

Do you have your own horse(s)?

18. Raven

Raven Guest

Windows, I have a couple of Linux machines but not the well versed in them.

I love music, right now it is VNV nation, Bruce Molsky and Julie fowlis. Sometimes some heavy trance and techno is great as well.

I don’t own a horse yet, that is 25k I don’t have saved up yet, the little buggers cost a lot of money L

19. Baldr

Baldr Moderator Staff Member Safety & Support

I can see your avatar is a pony, a thunderbolt, I believe..?
    are those your favourite ponies? :)

20. Samara

Samara Account Closed

How come you still have not updated the site banner? People went out of their way to create one for the forum, and yet I still see "V-Bulletin".

Huh, Huh???? :/

I kid, I kid. But seriously?

:hamtaro: LOL just put a pony pic up there or something in the meanwhile. "Ponycide Forum"

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 20, 2012
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.