Asking for Help? Failing?

Discussion in 'Help Me! I Need to Talk to Someone.' started by brknsilence, Aug 3, 2016.

1. brknsilence

brknsilence Well-Known Member

Why do I feel I failed when asking for help? I just don't understand. Been crying all morning. Sad, broken (emotionally), scared, and helpless.

No suicidal thoughts right now, just feel like a complete failure.

2. SinisterKid

SinisterKid Safety & Support SF Supporter

How can you been seen by anyone as a failure? I would say you are the complete opposite of that. You are pregnant, with kids to raise and school, house to run, depression and a eating disorder and somehow, you actually manage to function as a human being. That to me, puts you up in the echelons of being a super mum.

Asking for help is not anything to do with failure. Its a success that you are seeking help because you realise you are not well. Its much easier to ignore it all and hope it goes away, but you are facing your demons and asking those who can help and support you to do just that. It took me to nearly die before the help I needed was given because I was too stupid to ask when I knew something was going wrong. Please, dont make the same mistake. Its really good for everyone you are seeking help, most of all, for you because you are not perfect and you cannot do everything, no matter how much you want to.

I'mTrying and iam like this.
  3. brknsilence

Thanks

Hugs

Trying my best to ask for the help. Asking my husband now and will talk more to others near me. Hope things settle and my mind settles. Just been too much.

Sad, I see my dad this weekend and I don't want to seem I can't do anything. Hope everything gets better from here.

Head has been hurting from all the crying. Just resting today - if possible

SinisterKid likes this.
  4. SinisterKid

Hugs; keeping the faith. I know you can get through this.

I'mTrying likes this.
  5. brknsilence

6. moxman

moxman Well-Known Member

How are you holding up Brkn?

7. I'mTrying

I'mTrying Member

Mother of two, living with and taking care of full-time my two parents with dementia and Parkinson's and my husband with bipolar disorder while going to school. I totally get feeling overwhelmed.

8. SinisterKid

That sure is a handful for anyone to have to deal with. Whats your support network like, if you have such a thing. Because you certainly need some support with that little lot. Hopefully SF can become a permanent part of that network.

brknsilence likes this.
  9. I'mTrying

I'mTrying Member

I have church, but times like now, when is bedtime and everything quiets down, my thoughts take over.

10. SinisterKid

Yeah because for the rest of the time you are distracted and your mind is occupied. Classic, thats how distraction techniques are supposed to work, but not to the point where you are just exhausted by being on the go constantly. Hence the need of a network.

Hopefully, between SF, Netflix and food, we can keep that mind from straying too far into the realms of negative thoughts.

brknsilence and I'mTrying like this.
  11. I'mTrying

I'mTrying Member

It's hard.

12. brknsilence

Things are calming down here. Still so tired. My husband helped me out last night so glad for that

13. brknsilence

We're here for you.