Asking God

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by chooselife, Oct 3, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. chooselife

chooselife Well-Known Member

I saw a comment from another member: quote "When I'm suicidal, I'm turning my anger inward. I stop what I'm doing and ask God, "Ok, what do you want me to do?" Then I sit down and wait. It takes a few minutes for me to settle down and start talking to God about what is bothering me."

I do this also, talk to God, asking to be steered in a certain direction, any direction....but never seem to get an answer. What do you all think about this? Do you get answers? Or does it just feel good having that connection to a higher power?

Thanks!

2. lost81

lost81 Staff Alumni

I lost my faith when I realised no one was listening. God as meant in the Bible is a brick wall in my eyes. :sad:

I do believe in something though as I have seen some pretty unbelievable stuff to support it... what that is to do with though is anyones guess.

3. melatonin4000

melatonin4000 Account Closed

ohyeah i fink there isnt a god at all because of what happens to me but then these insensitive people go oh thats because you dont believe in him ur all emo and shit! but i know there takin bullsight

4. chooselife

Yeah, I have experienced some stuff also, which I believed to be angels, maybe?.... Something, like you say.

5. frail

frail Member

I used to be a christian, then I lost my faith. Now I'm left with the doubts and nothing more. Doubts like - yeah, I probably am going to hell when I die, yet I can't get myself to believe anymore... it's frustrating as hell and causes me alot of anxieties sometimes. But nothing really I can do about it...

6. wastedmylife

wastedmylife Well-Known Member

god can go fuck himself, if there is a god I will kick him in the balls when I see him, and I will kill Jesus

7. itmahanh

itmahanh Senior Member & Antiquities Friend

I dont understand why members do this? Yeah you're angry and all, but what does it accomplish to be so vile about something another person believes in and uses to help them through the tough times?

Good for you, you're gonna kick an entity in the balls and kill a guy that according to the bible has been there, done that already. Well if it made you feel better good. Now here's something a little tougher for you to try....maybe you could reply with what helps you through the tough times.

8. chooselife

People are free to voice their opinions in relation to the topic, but I must say I was offended by his torrid remarks also. Plus it didn't really answer my question.

9. Sleepwalk

Sleepwalk Well-Known Member

I was raised Catholic and remember the moment I lost my faith. It was like a weight lifted off my shoulders when I realized there was no mythical father figure waiting to kick my ass after I passed and send me to a place even worse than what I had been experiencing on Earth. Some people find strength and comfort in their religion and I think that's great for them, but I simply don't believe the stories anymore.

10. SAVE_ME

SAVE_ME Well-Known Member

I know how you feel.....all the time I hear Christians say "God cares, God loves us, God listens"......well how come He isn't listening to me?

Look, I want to believe in God....I want to believe that through all this pain and suffering, that there's a point to all this and it will be better for all of us in the end....I try to remind myself that there's probably a reason for all this, but in the end I just give up and lose faith.....I can't count how many times I've prayed and prayed and prayed and prayed to God, but as another member stated here, it is like talking to a brick wall......it's disheartening to think that if I can't turn to God, who can I turn to?

But I try to believe....I really do......I just wish sometimes He would listen to me :(

11. depleted_soul

depleted_soul Well-Known Member

After years of praying and also feeling like I was talking to a brick wall, I have lost all faith. I tried to believe in God and I do believe there is some sort of higher power, but I certainly don't understand what it is.

12. Chargette

Chargette Well-Known Member

God talks to us through the Bible. I've been studying the Bible for 30 years. When I'm praying to God, he answers me by bringing a scripture to my mind or by helping me remember my program of recovery.

I started studying the Bible because I was so tired of people telling me their interpretation of it. I couldn't go to a church for years because I would have an anxiety attack because I felt I wasn't good enough.

There is suffering in the world because man's actions in the Garden of Eden said to God, "I can do this without you." When God set them out of the Garden, it's like he was saying, "Ok, lets see what you can do." The suffering of this world is proof that we can't do it without God and yet so many still want to do it their way.

13. sad panda

sad panda Well-Known Member

This seems like a touchy subject.. I'm sure there are two categories of people here for this one. People who truly believe in God, and people who either really hate or don't believe in him.

Either way he's pretty good at never answering you. :nono:

14. 12years

12years Well-Known Member

I think rather than asking God, you need to ask yourself, "Self, what do you want to do?"

Connecting to a higher power is a nice idea, but it isn't for everyone. The skeptical generation certainly won't benefit from turning to God, and if it doesn't work for you... find something that does.

It's always interesting how in spite of the core idea of Christianity running along the line of "For God so loves the world He gave His only Son," some people still manage to see God as an evil being whose mission is to kick people's asses.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 6, 2009
  15. Sleepwalk

Sleepwalk Well-Known Member

I don't see God as an evil being who's mission it is to kick people's asses. I'm an athiest. I see God as a mythical character.

16. 12years

12years Well-Known Member

And I quote:

But anyway, let's not hijack this thread.

17. Stranger1

Stranger1 Forum Buddy & Antiquities Friend

I don't beleive there is a god.. I follow Native American beleifs in the spirit world..

18. lifeisashedog

lifeisashedog Well-Known Member

Oh, Lord, won't you buy me a Mercedes-Benz... :guitar:

19. lifeisashedog

lifeisashedog Well-Known Member

Or at least an old camper home to settle somewhere away from parents. i know, dear God, that there is a lot of starving people on Earth, that need your help more then I do. But let me remind you I'm no Paris Hilton either!:mad:

20. Godsdrummer

Godsdrummer Guest

I would love to comment on this, but I will refrain. I dont want to hijack this thread, into why I believe there is a God and how while I never lost my faith, it was severely tested.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.