Asking out a shopgirl.

Discussion in 'Family, Friends and Relationships' started by Mightbehere, Sep 7, 2008.

1. Mightbehere

Mightbehere Well-Known Member

Theres this girl I want to ask out but she works in a shop and there are always other customers and he boss is always right over her shoulder. So how do I ask her out, I was thinking maybe of writing a note and giving it to someone that works there to pass on. Would that be ok or two cowardly?

what do people think or can they think of anything else.
  2. ConsolationPrizeFighter

ConsolationPrizeFighter Well-Known Member

do you know what time she gets off work? Try that. Or when she takes a lunch break? Maybe you'll run into her outside of her workplace, that would be more appropriate.
  3. colt45

colt45 Well-Known Member

I feel the samw way at times. It work I do not want to ask a girl out or anything like that. I know how hard it can be at times. Passing a note might seem like a good idea but it would mean alot more to her if you could ask her out in person. It will show sincerity.
  4. aoeu

aoeu Well-Known Member

I would pass her a note asking her to call you or talk to you after work or something, but do the actually asking out directly.
  5. abyss

abyss Well-Known Member

i'd recommend waiting around til she gets off. if her boss is always over her shoulder, chances are any note given would be seen/intercepted and could cause her alot of embarrassment. besides, as a girl i find eyes and tone to be very important in my decisions on who i date. if i can see their eyes look sincere and their tone matches, i'll give it a go. none of that can be carried over in a note.
  6. SAVE_ME

SAVE_ME Well-Known Member

I agree with colt45 and abyss, try to find out when her lunch break is or when she finishes and talk to her then. Good luck.
  7. Issaccs

Issaccs Well-Known Member

This is probably best, buy something at the counter , make eye contact, dont be shy and before you leave tell her you'd like to take her out sometime, put a peice of paper on the desk with your phone number and ask her to think about it then call you if shes interested, smile and leave the store.

You come across as confident and dont have too wait for her to blow you off in a public space for lack of interest or embarrassment from her boss, shit like that.

Waiting for her to finish work is a really bad idea, it could work but a lot of people will just find it really creepy or obsessive looking.