asking parents for help

Discussion in 'Self Harm & Substance Abuse' started by grinded serenity, Jun 5, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. grinded serenity

    grinded serenity Well-Known Member

    well, as of lately my father has been noticing a drastic change in me, he described me as a "trainwreck." this doesnt bother me, i dont care what he thinks about me, so he can say it all he wants. but the thing i do care about is that my best friend, my only one, is telling me i need help BAD. she tells me shes been through it before, that shes delt with S.H.ers 5 times before, and that im heading in the same direction most of them were, which is a breakdown. i dont think this, i think i have it under control. but i admit, as of lately my suicidal thoughts have been drastically on the rise, and so has my cutting/burning/ other methods i wont go into. maybe i do need help? my dad told me either shape up or ship out, and honestly id rather ship out than tell him everything thats going on with me. if i dont get help i know im going to lose my best friend, which i definatly dont want to do.

    so my question is, whats the best way to approach my dad asking for psychiatric help?
  2. grinded serenity

    grinded serenity Well-Known Member

    never mind. i told him i needed help and that im depressed. he then told me its not because im depressed, its because im on pills, he then piss tested me, which i passed. he then told me hes searching my room/luggage for the aderondecks, and that hes taking me to a hospital when we get back to get a blood test. this did NOT fucking help, time to go cut myself.
  3. triggs

    triggs Account Closed

    i'm sorry you're feeling like this and i know it may feel like the world is falling down around you, but you can get help :hug:
    your dad doesn't seem particularly helpful but try talking to him calmly and ask if he can help you find a therapist who will help you. if he says no i'm sure you can get in contact with your doctor or hospital and find one yourself. how old are you?
    by reaching out first of all you're taking the first step so you must know you need to sort things out - therefore you should know that cutting will only serve as a coping method for a short period of time. please don't turn to SH, talk to people on here. if you need to speak to someone, you can PM me, i'm here for you.
    good luck hun, i hope everything goes well. stay strong :)
    laura xx
  4. Anime-Zodiac

    Anime-Zodiac Well-Known Member

    Is there anyone else like a aunt or uncle who could help you get psychiatric help?
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.