Asperger's Syndrome?

Discussion in 'Mental Health Disorders' started by b0wfl3x, Dec 6, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. b0wfl3x

b0wfl3x Member

Anybody else here have it? I do, and I hate myself for it.
  2. Rosenrot

Rosenrot Forum Buddy

I do, I could really live without it. It's a real pain to have, but I've learned to work around it for the most part.

Check out, everyone there has AS or something similar. They're not the friendliest bunch, though.
  3. FireBird

FireBird Well-Known Member

I have high functioning autism, which is close to Asperger's. I also post on Wrongplanet and you're right, some of the people are mean on that site. Sometimes when I post something good and successful about me this one person attacks me for it. Makes a lot of sense, doesn't it? There are also nice people though that are proud of me. By the way, I have well over 1,000 posts on wrongplanet.
  4. TheWr0ngChild

TheWr0ngChild Well-Known Member

Don't I know it..

WP used to be a good site before the owner changed a lot of the staff and admin. The IRC channel is nothing put sociopathic drivel these days and it's a shame because it's such a big site a lot of AS people think they will gain support from, be included..
  5. JohnADreams

JohnADreams Well-Known Member

Would be any help to any of you? It seems like a smaller site than Wrong Planet but that can have it's benefits. Maybe you've already checked it out, cant be sure.
  6. Rosenrot

Rosenrot Forum Buddy

lol, I have 3,000 :biggrin:
  7. aoeu

aoeu Well-Known Member

It's improved a lot over the past year or so. I've been practicing with people, and trying to force myself not to settle into habits [this is hard!]
  8. b0wfl3x

b0wfl3x Member

I'm a WrongPlanet member also. How's this for coincidence, lol.
  9. DepressionII

DepressionII Well-Known Member

I have only a mild case of it, and it's hard enough. However my Dads ENTIRE family has Aspergers and they're incredibly cold, socially retarded people. They try their best, but if my Mum were like that as well, cold and unable to say the right thing, I'd have been six feet under.

Like I said my mild case is hard enough for me. It must be truly awful for people with full blown Aspergers.
  10. b0wfl3x

b0wfl3x Member

I too have a mild case (if there is such a thing), and the people around me describe me in various not very nice ways and exclude me from stuff until they want something. If they actually took the chance to get to know me instead of pushing my buttons all the time, they'd get a nice surprise. But instead they make me feel like a worthless bag of shit, hence why I'm here. :sad:
  11. Hey, I don't have it but a friend does and I know he has real difficulty making friends. He is national chamption for swimming though, proves that just because you may have one area in your life that you aren't so good at, doesn't mean you can't excel in something else. I bet you are better at something than most people are.

Will be around if anyone wants to talk. :grouphug:
  12. Atheist Demon

Atheist Demon Account Closed

I am moderate Asperger's I fkin hate it, it is hard to make friends, and what sucks more is that you don't know that you are trying to hard. My parents have Asperger's but my mom is a very successful woman. It sucks but it is managable.
  13. DepressionII

DepressionII Well-Known Member

That's awful, sorry to hear you have such a rough time regarding your Asperger's. :( Maybe it's lack of understanding that's making them act in such an appalling manner? Is it family or friends that treat you like this, or both?
  14. one of my best friends has aspergers, and while it can sometimes make him a bit of a pig to deal with, i wouldnt change him for the world
    well... maybe his habit of eating all my popcorn :p

does anyone know of ANY counsellors who are experienced of this in NZ?
    silly question, but i just ccant find one and he doesnt even bother looking
  15. Mightbehere

Mightbehere Well-Known Member

Asperger's is a fake disease even the guy who 'invented' it said
  16. Rockstar808

Rockstar808 Member

I've been told that too, but I don't see where the discredit comes from specifically, I'll try looking for the quote ect.

I kind of think its just a label for classifying a certain type of person..although I certainly fit the description well.
  17. Rosenrot

Rosenrot Forum Buddy

Spend a day in my shoes and tell me asperger's doesn't exist. And hans never said such a thing.
  18. aoeu

aoeu Well-Known Member

It's not a disease. It's a disorder. And it's as real as autism, just a bit different and a touch less extreme. Unless you don't believe in autism either.
  19. Rockstar808

Rockstar808 Member

Yeah that's a bit insensitive should of really put a bit more thought into that when you typed it.

If you take the time to look at it properly you will find it certainly is real.
  20. Mightbehere

Mightbehere Well-Known Member

Ok I think I have this disorder, although my awkwardness might just be from having to keep to myself so long long that I lost most of my social skills.

are there anyways someone can tell that you have aspergers other then that which is on Wikipedia, that can be interpenetrated a number of ways.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.