asphyxia

Discussion in 'Self Harm & Substance Abuse' started by Smashed__, Aug 10, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Smashed__

Smashed__ Well-Known Member

how many others SH this way? ive found it to be the only thing outside of burning keeping me together. ive been doing it for about a decade now and feel so hopeless but calm afterwards

2. TheLoneWolf

TheLoneWolf Well-Known Member

Uh, I'm not sure if this counts or not, but when I was a teenager, some friends of mine and I used to play "pass out"... I know it's extremely dangerous and I wouldn't do it again because of that, but it was quite an interesting and calming experience... the weirdest part is how I could be passed out for just a few seconds, but I would have the most vivid dreams and they would seem to last for years... almost like a "near death" experience type of thing. Probably because it was quite literally a near death experience.

3. Kiba

Kiba Well-Known Member

Almost every night i hold my breathe as long as i can but ive never fully been able yo hold it long enough to pass out.. it does give me certtin feelings though that to me have me addicted.. Its hard not to do even for 1 night.. ive been doing it for a long time.. it has more to it but the way i do it is very harmful to myself.. it makes me feel calmer but more or less feel almost no feeling.. but after a breif period of nothing / good (sorta) i became empty and and down.. i ask myself why do i harm this way.. i call myself stupid but the need to suffocate grows stronger.. i am sorry if this steps the bounds.. i don't mean to.. but yeah.. i think suffocation is one of my biggest ways i self harm.. along with what i do during it.. i do it in a way to purposely re-experience traumatic incidents.. so i can dissociated..

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.