Assisted

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by ozinuk, Jul 14, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ozinuk

ozinuk Well-Known Member

Dignitas have anyone else here heard of this group, I have made a formal request now all I do is wait. This decision has been based on the fact I have an cancer (albeit operable) . It seems now nature has an unbeatable hand. My wife is angry at the fact I am not a quivering mess at the news and that I have resigned myself to the fact my fate has been sealed she cannot understand why I don't care about the news if anything I welcome it. :poo:

Why do people care when you have something tangible wrong with you, a physical problem BUT couldn't give a shit when it's psychological "If it can't be seen it doesn't exist" a bit like me really.:sad:

2. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

There is never false hope there is always hope. New treatments new therapies new medication. Each day brings with it a new hope. I hope you can understand the pain you will be leaving behind you to others who love you very much take care and i hope you can find peace and hope within your life.

3. ozinuk

ozinuk Well-Known Member

When you are told time and time again that things will change, life will get better etc and the people telling you these thing know full well this is not going to happen this is false hope. Living with that has gotten me to where I am today. I have refused treatment, I have a DNR I have made my peace and resigned to the inevitable . When things don't turn out the way people have promised that is where no hope is better no hope does not disappoint.

4. ashes_away

ashes_away Well-Known Member

well ozinek,I don't know you but I can say honestly I and many others would notice.We notice every grain of sand.Better to talk about how you feel and embrace the support and positive encouragement people WANT to give you than think you do not matter.We are all connected...therefore we all matter.

5. WildCherry

WildCherry Staff Member ADMIN

In your post, you asked why it is that people notice physical problems in a hurry, but most of the time they don't take psychological ones seriously. I've wondered that same thing too. One is just as important as the other, and lots of people overlook psychological or emotional problems, or act like they don't exist.

6. touglytobeloved

touglytobeloved Well-Known Member

I have heard about Dignitas and contacted them via email. I got some papers that i should send them alltogether with some medical papers about my condition, and also i have to become a member of that organisation so i can apply. I am thinking to do all this... The reason i still havent done is that i dont think that i will get positive answer, as my illness is not life treatening, but i can live long and miserable life, so for them, this is not enough to help me die as far as i am informed.

7. ozinuk

ozinuk Well-Known Member

The news just keeps getting better found out my wife wants to end our marriage because I'm TO HIGH MAINTENANCE thanks for making my decision easier.:thatsit:

8. WildCherry

I'm sorry things keep getting worse, and people keep letting you down.
    *hugs*

9. triggs

triggs Account Closed

:hug:
    i only hope you reconsider and make these changes in life that seem to not happen for you, yourself. :heart:
    triggs xx

10. ozinuk

ozinuk Well-Known Member

Triggs I have tried everything I have been let down at every turn, I have been betrayed by the people I loved and trusted the most including medical professionals (I use the term loosely) and most of all I let myself down. There is nothing or no one left and if there was I'd only let them down as well. I was told by a priest I need to forgive myself I can't there's to much to forgive.

11. WildCherry

I know you've been let down countless times by the people closest to you. There are people in the world who wouldn't betray you, but I realize it's happened so many times that you're probably afraid to even think about trusting again.

It's really hard to forgive yourself. I've made some mistakes, done some things that I can't undo and will always regret. But we're human, and we make mistakes.

What's holding you back from forgiving yourself?

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 18, 2009
  12. touglytobeloved

touglytobeloved Well-Known Member

Do you really beleive in this, or you just want to beleive in?
    People will betray you at the end. Those who wont are very rare, and i havent meet anyone like that so far. People like you while you have something to offer to them. When you have nothing, they will go away, one by one, sooner or later.

13. WildCherry

I do believe what I posted, because it's happened to me. There are a few people who have stuck around through the good times and the bad, and they're people I know I can count on. What you've said is true too ... it really is rare to find people who won't betray you. But it's possible.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.