At a crossroads

Discussion in 'Self Harm & Substance Abuse' started by Rayvon, Mar 27, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rayvon

Rayvon Member

I'm sitting here lost in my thoughts, wondering where I left my kit. These days keep getting harder and harder to deal with. The lack of professional helps is taking it's toll on me, but my insurance is refusing to cover the charges for anymore visits to see my psychiatrist. I feel as though a blackness has engulfed me and I can't find a light admist it all. I tried to talk to a family member but was brushed aside as just having an "episode" and "only looking for attention and that I need to stop". I wish I could stop but it's unbearably tough and I don't know where to start.

2. Theodora

Theodora Well-Known Member

Sorry you're finding it so hard. What about trying self help or twelve step groups if insurance won't cover psychdoc costs. Where are you getting the money for drugs from? Couldn't you use some of that cash for help?

3. Rayvon

Rayvon Member

I have yet to try any of the 12 step groups as of right now, but it is something that may be in the cards in the near future. I know it seems illogical that I would have money for drugs and not counseling, for a time my insurance was covering my mental health issues and I didn't need to worry about it. Now, after becoming so accustomed to having that cushion it's hard to stop one thing that guarantees relief, if only a brief time, with that helps only a percentage of the time. On top of that, when I have money in my hands I tend to go on impulse mode and the money goes out the window. It's only in hindsight that I see what I've done and what I could've done better.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.