at a loss

Discussion in 'Help Me! I Need to Talk to Someone.' started by Wastingecho, Mar 9, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Wastingecho

Wastingecho Well-Known Member

still no disability forms from my company yet

called the group that approval medical disability leave - they are sending me more forms and the nurse assigned to my case will call me tomorrow

can't figure out why but i'm not feeling quite human right now and that hurts

mood is all over the place

feel like my life is on-hold/stalled/going nowhere

2. lightbeam

lightbeam Antiquities Friend

It's going to be ok, wastingecho.

Sometimes these things take time. Just be patient. Things will work out, just you see.

3. Wastingecho

i just wish it didn't have to be this hard

if wishes were horses...

4. lightbeam

Yeah, I know. When I had access to shot-term disability, I never used it. I was becoming increasingly delusional. The meds I take are to keep me grounded. I am not looking forward to possibly going off my meds, due to lack of funding where I am getting treatment.

5. Wastingecho

i forgot that tomorrow is my son's birthday - way to go

helluva dad don't you think

6. Sadeyes

Sadeyes Staff Alumni

At least you remembered it b4 it passed...so yes, good Dad...big hugs, J

7. lightbeam

I agree. At least you haven't forgotten the birthday, and realized it was too late. You're a good dad.

8. Wastingecho

no, i didn't remember

i had to be reminded by my daughter

if she had not come down from college for a summer job interview, i would have screwed that up too

9. Scum

Scum Well-Known Member

You're seeing it as another reason to beat yourself up and make yourself feel bad. However, really, you have a chance to not let it matter that you didn't remember, by sorting things out so that he has a great day.

Are there any things you could use to help yourself remember important days? Most of us who suffer with depression will struggle to remember all these things, some people might write in a diary, or stick postits around, or something like that. Maybe worth a shot?

10. lightbeam

I agree with the post-it proposition. My parents have to remind me about stuff through post-it notes

11. Wastingecho

nothing else important to remember other than my anniversary

i shouldn't have forgotten his birthday - i just want to forget my own

12. Scum

Scum Well-Known Member

Your daughter's birthday?

13. Wastingecho

meant for the rest of this year

14. Scum

Scum Well-Known Member

Ah, that's cool then. Takes the pressure off.

15. Wastingecho

doesn't stop me from feeling like shit right now

16. Scum

Scum Well-Known Member

What are you going to do about sorting out something for your son's birthday?

What you have to remind yourself is that you are human. That makes you fallable and as fallable beings, we ALL make mistakes. You made a mistake but its not a biggie because nothing actually went wrong and he doesn't know. You can rectify this. You don't need to use it as a reason to make yourself feel bad, because you're making yourself feel bad for being human; you can't change that. Just do what needs to be done to ensure that a, he has a great day, and b, it doesn't happen again.

Mistakes happen, its about learning from them, and how we deal with that, that is important.

17. flyingdutchmen

flyingdutchmen Well-Known Member

yeah i know how that feels, i forget most birthdays (mother,brother) unless i get remembered at the very last moment. sometimes people remember me a week in advance lol, like i am able to think a week ahead.come back in 6 days pls. i usualy try to save them as some kind of alarm on my cellphone. i hate my own birthday (nothing to celibrate who would wanna celebrate a losers birth) and therefore probably all other birthdays as well. dont take it to hard Echo, sometimes i feel ashamed but i dont think we should feel very bad because of it. i know its not an excuse but we got our own problems right.
    sorry you feel bad because of it, but comeon man dont use everything what happens to you to tell yourself how terrible you are. we dont believe your terrible anyway, at least not i. cheer up a bit bit Echo and hang in there. how are things at home since you have someone more in the house?

18. Wastingecho

getting him something is not the issue, yes i'm going to do that

but i can't forgive myself for forgetting in the first place after the crappy birthdays i had - last party in 4th grade when no one came

one of the reasons i hate my birthday and don't WANT acknowledgment of it

but my kids deserve better and they deserve better from me

19. Scum

Scum Well-Known Member

But he's not going to have a crappy birthday. And THAT is the important thing.

20. Wastingecho

but i'm NOT supposed to forget these things!

this is my FAMILY!

i can't screw things up - i can't fail anymore

i just can't

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.