At a new low

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by anuj, Sep 10, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. anuj

anuj Active Member

I was trying hard to recover from depression. Had been going to psychologist and psychiatrist for last 4 months. The crisis was over, but it is back now. I don't know what triggered it. But now I just want to end it. I am not asking for help, just like to share...

2. pickwithaustin

pickwithaustin Staff Alumni

I had a viral infection once. The doctor gave me antibiotics which I took for a few weeks. Symptoms of the infection went away and I thought everything was fine. Then a few weeks later, it returned. I went back to the doctor and he said I should have stayed on the medication longer to really stamp it out. He put me back on but by now it was resistant. He changed then to another drug and that was the cure. I got better over time and it's completely gone.

Think about your situation in that same way. You said things got better... so just return and repeat and/or continue. If it went away once, it will again. It may take longer, but it will go. Don't act on a whim.

3. exkend

exkend Well-Known Member

This is a message for pickwithaustin. I am so moved by your unfailing and persistent commitment to helping others. I wish the world had more people with your wisdom and compassion.

God Bless

4. pickwithaustin

pickwithaustin Staff Alumni

Thanks exkend - I don't have any other options after losing my son. The rest of my life is devoted to trying to show others that suicide is NOT the answer.

Anuj - If you want to talk about it, let me know - or one of the many other helpful people on this site. The crisis was over once, it can be over again... and you can continue on. You can.

5. prakash

prakash Well-Known Member

hi Anuj- From your name it seems you are of Indian descent. I am Indian too. But that is not the point.
    I am glad you are still here.
    Depression comes and goes.
    Hang in there.
    Vent out your emotions on this Forum. It always helps to vent it out. Do not keep your emotions bottled within you.
    Write them here and let others help you.
    I again realized today that there are many wonderful people here who take the time to try to help others.
    They give very thoughtful replies. I discovered two such people today.
    I added them as my friends on this Forum.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.