at church

Discussion in 'Mental Health Disorders' started by Nosmanic, Dec 24, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Nosmanic

Nosmanic Active Member

I hear this fake story of a sherphred and the reason he was a sherphred was because he wasn't smart or good with his hands, he couldn't do anything, he wasn't anyone didn't have a wife and wouldn't have one b/c he wasn't going to be anyone

I felt it was so much like me I just about cried in church

the end was all you are someone to God but I want to be someone to someone else too I know that's not going to happen tho at the rate I'm going I wouldn't be even able to support myself.
  2. sudut

sudut Well-Known Member

All change is gradual. Never say never. Start today. focus on what you love. Focus on giving and not just getting. And instead of believing that you will be nobody, believe that you will be somebody. its all about being of service to others. everything will be well with you. I promise. don't worry.
  3. ggg456

ggg456 Guest

Remember though that was another's perspective of that shepherd. You never know, that shepherd might have loved being a shepherd and living that life, and wandering around and doing things he enjoyed regardless of people at large saying he was doing that because he "lacked" in other ways.

I understand your loneliness though. It's at this time of year I look at people in church on television, and personally, all I see is a lot of desperate people clinging on to something. You can be someone to yourself, to perhaps live and try and enjoy being someone to yourself, like the shepherd might have done, and try liking yourself a bit more? That way perhaps you'd gradually feel comfortable being with somebody else and them loving you?
  4. lostboy

lostboy Well-Known Member

My ex housemate studied genetics. She once told me that there was this genetic disorder that had some really adverse effect, like dwarfism or something I can’t remember. But that same gene held the cure for malaria…
    Anyways it may seem like I’m off topic, but all I’m saying is we’re all different, who we are how we get on with others and that’s how diversity should be. Maybe there’s some good lying in you, or there’s something good about you that you just haven’t realised yet. And you owe it to yourself and others to see if that good comes out.

Plus maybe your toenails cure cancer!
  5. Melancholy

Melancholy Well-Known Member

Off topic I know...that's being a carrier of sickle cell.

I agree with ggg's all about your own perception of life, not what others think. Find something that you really, really enjoy (it is out there!) and no matter how good you are at it, if you like doing something then it doesn't matter. Try going to social clubs/activities in your area? Worth a shot?

Take care,
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.