At Ease

Discussion in 'Grief and Bereavement' started by itmahanh, Sep 4, 2008.

1. itmahanh

itmahanh Senior Member & Antiquities Friend

Yesterday morning as three young men were eagerly awaiting the few days left of their tour of duty and dreaming of returning home to Shilo base, they were ambushed and killed in Afghanistan. The news has come as a horrible shock as yellow ribbons were being put up everywhere to welcome them and the others home. I can barely see the pictures of their so young and hope filled faces as I sit and cry for the losses. But one hits the hardest. At ease Cpl. Micheal Seggie, you are loved and so badly missed by all that had the pleasure of sharing your warmth, zest and we know you were doing what you loved to do and so strongly believed in. Another babe goes to Heaven.

2. ToHelp

ToHelp Well-Known Member

Oh, Carla.
    Honey :hug:

3. Dave_N

Dave_N Guest

I am also saddened by the number of Canadian soldiers that we are losing in Afghanistan. The death toll is around 93 or 96 now? It seems like such a waste of young lives (guys around my age or even younger). Instead of trying to rebuild a hell hole like Afghanistan, they should be here in Canada working and focusing on building their own lives. Maybe I'm just selfish or a coward, but I would never join the army and fight in a war that I could be killed in. I hope when Harper is re-elected in october, he brings our troops home soon, so that more innocent soldiers don't have to take their last ride on the highway of heros.