At My Breaking Point

Discussion in 'Family, Friends and Relationships' started by DrCynic, Oct 26, 2008.

1. DrCynic

DrCynic Active Member

I wasn't sure which thread to put this in so I just took a guess and decided this one would fit best.

I'm a 20 year old obese male. I have tried very hard to lose the weight so that I might be more attractive to the opposite sex, but have been unsucessful dispite diet and excercise. I am a good guy. I never would treat anyone like I wouldn't want to be treated. I'm mostly friends with girls, and they never see more than that in me.

I live alone, and am rarely able to go out because my health prevents me from driving, and I'm not often a welcome "third wheel".

All I wish for is for one person who I can love and would love me in return. I am lonely, and often rejected and unwanted. I am very close to taking my own life... I recognize this, and am making a desperate plea for help from somewhere. My life is lonely and miserable. I dream about love, but that's as far as I can get, a dream. I've never kissed a girl, never danced with a girl, never dated, never done anything. I desire it so much, though.

It is getting to the breaking point. I feel my life just isn't worth living.

Thank you for your time.
  2. Reki

Reki Well-Known Member

DrCynic, the fact that you're trying is a good thing. You're more than capable of achieving your goal and just as deserving of love as anyone else. Losing weight is hard work, it takes time but the results are more than worth it and I hope you haven't given up yet. As long as you continue to diet properly and exercise well your weight will go down, it doesn't have a say in the matter. That isn't to say that losing it is a must to date, not at all, there are plenty of obese men out there in relationships but it will widen your selection quite a bit.

If you're really serious about dating I would suggest googling the subject for information and stories from others that prevailed over similiar predicaments and working from there if you haven't already been doing that. I spent a very long time doing just that and it helped tremendously. Don't feel ashamed of your life, you sound like a decent guy and I would hate to see that go to waste.
  3. DrCynic

DrCynic Active Member

I have been dieting and excercising for several years... I just can't seem to drop it.

I figured even in trying I might get lucky and find someone, but I dunno... I just have no luck, I guess.
  4. Mightbehere

Mightbehere Well-Known Member

Your only 20..give it a little time. If you haven't found someone in 10 more years say 30 then start examining why and remember its always better to be alone then with someone who would hurt you or doesn't really care.
  5. DrCynic

DrCynic Active Member

I can't last another 10 years completely alone.
  6. KirstyMissJimBob

KirstyMissJimBob Well-Known Member

your not alone here, we will help you and are here for you.
    Please hang in there, it may take time but the one for you will come when you least expect it, and if you ever need to talk my msn is in my sig down bellow.

7. DrCynic

DrCynic Active Member

Thanks... I don't have MSN or anything.

I'm least expecting it right about now though, haha. Sometimes I joke about myself... Pay me no mind when I do that, it's just my way of coping.
  8. hang in there bro. Im 20 too and also having trouble finding a girlfriend as well. It seems that you really want to loose weight and i might have some tips. You said you have dieted and excersied for years and that it hasnt worked. Currently im getting ready to get in the army and my recruiter gave me tips to make sure i can easily pass all my physical tests no problem when I ship to basic so im trying to lose a little weight. First is to set small realistic goals. go each month and say to yourself for example im going to try and lose 5 pounds this month. dont tell yourself that you want to loose a 100 pounds in a year because its harder pshycologicaly to motivate yourself. Baby steps is the key. once you lose five make it another five and another five pounds the following month. Once you lose say 30 pounds make it 10 pounds a month and gradually increace but dont over due it and get ahead of yourself, stay realistic.

remember when excersing to use the same baby steps mentality. dont try to run a marathon when you work out. do what is comfortable for yourself but dont go to easy. loosing weight isnt easy but hang in there and stay pumped and youll pull through.