At rock bottom... truly...

Discussion in 'Help Me! I Need to Talk to Someone.' started by Deijerz, Sep 20, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Deijerz

Deijerz Member

I've posted before about some issues and now things just get worse yet again.

I was homeless previously... and some family took me in. They were kinda crazy but I dealt with it because they gave me a place to live in exchange for babysitting and let me use their car since mine got wrecked and it's been a huge battle with the insurance company.

Well now the family I've been living with has decided I can't use the car anymore and that I have 2 weeks to find a place to live. I literally have no money, no family to help and no friends either. Ever since they told me this I've had suicidal thoughts but no plan, I couldn't go through. I just can't get my feet off the ground anymore and I've never felt more alone and I don't know what I'm going to do. Alls I have is literally $30 and my dog, and I absolutely refuse to get rid of him. Now I'm really not sure what to do... I'm lost.
  2. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

There has to be a outreach agency in your community that can help. Phone your government and see what help is available to you Social services town councillors anyone and see what is available to help you. Homeless shelter near you that can help Get calling now okay get something in place before you are out on the streets.
  3. beforetheworst

beforetheworst Active Member

I agree with what Violet has said.

I was in a similar position earlier this year. I freaked out and had no idea who to turn to for help with this kind of thing.

Which country are you? In Aus we have a homeless persons information number that you can call to get accommodation and support details. So it could be worth looking in your phone book under government agencies.

Or phone around to any community organisations like the samaritans or red cross. If they can't help they can probably point you in the direction of help.

If you want to chat feel free to pm me:)

Good luck with it.
  4. Deijerz

Deijerz Member

I'll begin looking but right now I feel so helpless I can barely function. I have the worst stress headache of my life and I think I'm just a failure in life. Right now everything's hitting me at once but tomorrow I will definitely call around to see what I can do.

I'm in the U.S. Hopefully I find something but it's difficult here because it seems like they only want to help you if you have a child.
  5. monnie101

monnie101 Member

I know what you mean. I've been trying to get subsidized housing/cheaper rent housing and I've been on the list for a while. Mother's in the shelter with kids get skyrocketed to the top of the list. Understandably so I guess but it's too bad they the country doesn't have enough in the program to help at least a bigger majority of people.

If you go to your local shelter you can get some help. I wish I hadn't waited so long. I got recommended a case worker and went to a halfway day shelter where a woman was so nice to me! She helped me get on disability and good free insurance. They also had a TV and couches there, plenty of donuts, pies, and coffee from Dunkin's and Starbucks lol. The lady let me take a bunch home too! This local shelter also gives out tents and blankets for people staying outside in the forest camping out.

You probably already started doing this but make plans, have some backup plans. In case you have to stay in a shelter, see if you can get someoen to take care of your dog while you are away. Even if it is just to go to doctor or case worker appointments. I love dogs but can't have one where I live but I would gladly take care of someones dog in the daytime.

Get yourself on the housing list too, even if it's long, at least you have your name on there in case you still need it next year.
  6. WldHair

WldHair Well-Known Member

I agree, try some of the local shelters. I have a friend who's homeless. He helps guard a parking lot for a tow company and they gave him a van to sleep in. Now, he gets junked bicycles and restores them then sells them. He still stays in the van so he's virtually rent free. He says he'll have it no other way. I was homeless for a while in Europe and I loved it. I felt so free back then. I met some people who took me in and then they'd get weird and tell me I had to leave. Eventually, it led to me meeting my ex. You can go pretty much wherever you want. Turn it into an adventure. I have a house now, debts and kids in school. I can't go anywhere and it drives me crazy sometimes. I miss those days when I was care free.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.