At the very edge please help

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by asvt, Mar 7, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. asvt

asvt Well-Known Member

Like i said in another post i tried to kill myself and the crisis team got in contact with me and they have absolutely no answers these are the last resort people who are supposed to help me but nothing. So what the hell am i supposed to do. i am fed up of feeling nothing but pain and misery every single day. i mean i want help but what is there what am i supposed to do. please someone help me. what are you people doing as a means of help. as i have already atempted suicide the thought of it is not so daunting as it once was and i can feel the darkness approaching. i mean this week i have been walking on this coastal path looking for a cliff thats high enough to jump off and i was so disheartened when i couldn't find one high enough. Is there really any hope for people like us or are we doomed to suffer in a world that doesn't understand nor does it want to.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 7, 2008
  2. Pioneer

Pioneer Well-Known Member

Hey man I know its hard. I know its very hard. But there is one person who can save you. The truth is you are the only person who can save you. Do not think that some superhero will come outta the blue and save you life because iyt isn't that simple. You have to allow us to help you. You have to listen, you have to try, and you have to believe in yourself. We cannot do that for you. I kinda understand how you feel because in a way we've all been there. I almost killed myself one night too. I understand one thing from that very painful feeling that your probably feeling. Its hard to see the good in your own life. But please understand that there is always good in your life and to preserve the person you are is more than enough reason to stay alive. But ultimately the decision lies in you. To listen to someone who's been in that emotional chaos or ignore my plea for your life is entirely up to you.

3. downnout

downnout Well-Known Member

I, too, have already attempted several times I and echo Pioneer. Please reconsider, you can never know what the future might bring for certain. Many, many people have gone through similar times in their life and report being glad that they didn't go through with it. Don't give up hope!

4. dazzle11215

dazzle11215 Staff Alumni

These two articles have helped me -
    http://www.helpguide.org/mental/suicide_help.htm
    http://www.helpguide.org/mental/depression_tips.htm

When I'm in a crisis, feeling like I might hurt myself very soon I get on the phone to the suicide crisis line and let them talk to me. If it's more of a persistent thought, like I might try, but say later, I try and distract myself - chat online here, watch videos, email friends, call my sister, go for a fast, long, walk.... anything but harm myself. if i'm sad, i walk uphill, away from the river!

My overall plan for treating depression is 1. take meds 2. exercise and nutrition 3. no sleeping during the day/ full 8 hrs at night 4. counselling 5. relaxation class (for calming myself during a freak out).

Depression can be beaten... it's not easy getting at the reasons why and it takes time. Spent an hour on the phone last night with the suicide helpline, and I've been getting help for 2 months now... it's more a couple steps forward, a step back, and so on,

What have you tried so far to help yourself?

C.

5. mortdesinos

mortdesinos Well-Known Member

I agree that exercise and nutrition have a huge impact on mental health, and they help to regulate sleep. I played basketball today for the first time in months, and I felt much better afterwards. Besides sports and nutrition, another step you can take is filling up your schedule. If you're not doing much during the day or doing things you wish you weren't, change your routine! Take time and effort to keep your teeth, body, and skin looking good. Even if you don't care now, doing these things will help you live a healthier and happier life very soon.

6. asvt

asvt Well-Known Member

I am running 5 times a week but i don't feel better for doing it. The only reason i do it is a stupid paranoid fear of becoming overweight. I have tried doing long walks but all i do is think about how miserable i am. I just don't feel any joy towards anything i have never felt good in my entire life, which makes it so hard to get a job because my suicide urges increase dramtically because it's a reminder of how pathetic and pointless my life is how do you guys do it.

7. BioHomocide

BioHomocide Well-Known Member

Life is complicated. If everyone with problems broke down and gave up, there would be countless suicides. It all depends on how you look at your problems. Many problems can be changed simply and quickly. Don't kill yourself. Your life will get better.

Jumping from a cliff will not solve your problems.

Best of Luck. I hope you get better, and happier.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.