at what age does it kinda get better?

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by get me out, Jul 21, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. get me out

get me out Active Member

im 24 now and still get shocked as i guess as im seeing people from highschool on fb becoming engineers and actresses and awesome lives. im gonna be on disability forever because my illness :(

will things get better for me at 30? maybe 40? or after i die? need something to look forward to.
  2. get me out

get me out Active Member

but im pretty used to disapointmint and stuff now. :(
  3. Sadeyes

Sadeyes Staff Alumni

I think it takes an active participation in one's life...establishing a work plan and making the goals achievable
  4. pickwithaustin

pickwithaustin Staff Alumni

Like sadeyes just said. I don't think there is a specific time that "it happens," it is more in tuned with where things fall in your wellness plan and life goals. I will say that as far as successes, things do get better as you grow older if you have a good plan in place and are following a roadmap. You acquire more, you know more, you have learned from mistakes, and you are usually more seasoned in making decisions by the time you have aged. The old saying, "I wish I had known what I know now when I was younger!"

24 is still pretty young. One of my boys is 24, in fact. He's still finding himself. He has time - I don't push him.
  5. KenaliModisa

KenaliModisa New Member

If you keep comparing yourself, it won't get better with age. No matter where you are in life, there's always going to be someone "ahead" of you. If you're an engineer, you look at the guy who's the CEO and you feel small. If you're an actress, someone gets into a movie while you're in a commercial and you feel small and that your life sucks.

But just like there's always people who you think are ahead of you, there are also probably people who look at you and think you're ahead of them. So really it's just perspective.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.