At work

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by holty, Feb 19, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. holty

holty Member

Hi all, I've just taken some pills just this minute and I'm sat at work now wondering whats going to happen? Just feel like I've had enough of this life and no one to speak to.

2. mark b

mark b Well-Known Member

You need to get ambulance NOW.

Have the container the pills were in to give to the crew.

Tell someone NOW what time and how many you took.

Dont eat or drink anything and dont try to be sick.

Let us know what happens when you can please.

3. holty

holty Member

Think I'm going to go home feeling anxious

4. unionfalls

unionfalls Well-Known Member

Call for medical help NOW.

5. Twocky61

Twocky61 Banned Member

Please do as Mark says Holty

:freehug:

6. holty

holty Member

Hi all, just to update you I'm at home feeling stupid and sick

7. NYJmpMaster

NYJmpMaster Have a question? Message Me Staff Member Forum Owner ADMIN

I am glad you are alright. Please follow up and look for real solutions now so you do not find yourself in the same place again. Might be a good start to talk to us a little bit about what was going on in your life that got you to that point yesterday?

8. mark b

mark b Well-Known Member

glad you are still here.

when you are ready....were here for you.

9. holty

holty Member

As you can tell by my post I'm not very good at putting things down in words like a lot of you guys are.

10. mark b

mark b Well-Known Member

Thats ok. Just be as brief or as detailed as you want to be.

11. DrownedFishOnFire

DrownedFishOnFire Quieta non movere

Still was a good start there, holty. I do not know how to put down some of stuff into words myself. It takes me long time to accomplish it.

12. holty

holty Member

I'll start by letting you know whats been going on, first off lost my £35000 a year job and because of that I then lost my house and had dept collectors at my door had to move in with my mum and at 36 that's a bit embarrassing, then got admitted to hospital and was in there for 5 weeks after trying to kill myself due to the events just couldn't handle things and couldn't speak to anyone about things because that's just not me, while all this was going on my partner was playing about which I've just found out so that put me back into depression.

Got myself a dead end job which barely covers my bills and I hate getting up in the morning, I know it doesn't sound that bad but to me it does it's just one thing after another, so that's why I did what I did the other day just sick of my life it even feels like I failed at that to just made me ill.

Holty

Hope that it makes sense like I said before not very good at putting things into words.

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 24, 2014
  13. mark b

mark b Well-Known Member

Thanks for being so open.

You are in a job you dont like which is at least a job. So its a start.

You do have a place to stay. So again a start.

Your debts can be worked through.

Relationships do sometimes end. Not always how you would like. Sorry.

You are here with us for support. So you are getting there.

14. holty

holty Member

Still feeling low and suicidal, I never mentioned I have two boys 6 and 8.

15. mark b

mark b Well-Known Member

You have the boys.

I know how much i would give to be able to say i had children.

They are most precious and need you .

16. holty

holty Member

But when I'm suicidal I don't think about them which is very selfish of me I know.

17. mark b

mark b Well-Known Member

You need to focus on being there for them

imagine all the different chapters if their lives ahead of them. With you being there to support in their dreams and when things dont work out for them.

When you feel low just picture a wonderful event that you can see them in.

They need you now and at every step of their future.

18. holty

holty Member

But I've failed them so far.

19. NYJmpMaster

NYJmpMaster Have a question? Message Me Staff Member Forum Owner ADMIN

When you are suicidal there is no room in your mind for other things besides some internal instinct for survival. That is why th eonly way to help the important people in your life and to be there for those people is to get help for yourself first. Once you get yourself better you will be in a position to actually help and be there for the people that depend on you.

Your job is not what you had before and your lifestyle is not what you had before - but those are things that can be adjusted or changed over time. When I lost the ability to work I felt like I had lost all purpose and all usefulness to my family, so for 2 years I was useless to them- because of my feelings about not working. I still cannot work and never will again, but I have better relationship with children than ever before. I am not trying to compare - simply demonstrate that by getting yourself better you can offer your family a lot still, but it starts with getting yourself better (at least for most of us).

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.