At worlds end?

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by lifeshell, Feb 5, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lifeshell

lifeshell Member

I'm not posting on here for a sympathy vote I just really need help in what to do next. They say suicide is the cowards way out but if its the only way out, is it cowardly? Let me explain my situation and please leave your suggestions. I left school 6 years ago with good GCSE's all A to C, not sure on what path to take :sad:in the first year I had two or three easy jobs to bring some money in and decide where I want to go in life. I went for a job as an Insurance broker, got the job and progressed over 4 years to branch manager. Whilst working there I was renting a flat but had been saving for a deposit to buy a house but in Jan 08 I had just over 10k and I got a loan for £5k, so I purchased a flat for an extortionate price compared to the current market and all was good. BUT in September 08 I was made redundant the company was in liquidation and I only received £1600 of my redundancy. In the space of 3 months I applied for 118 jobs and was unsuccessful every time, A job was becoming impossible to find. I went to the government for some support but they refused to give me any help including any benefits because I got a measly redundancy pay. That had dried up and I was in arrears on my mortgage, the place was repossessed with me not getting a penny back. I'm now in private sheltered accommodation but they can no longer keep me as I have no income i.e. benefits. In the space of a year I have lost all my savings, possessions and dignity. My only relative is 86 and in a care home so not the best person to share my problems. I've worked hard through school and after leaving school for nothing, I have spoke to people who offer advice such as citizens advice bureau, their exact words were "I don't know what to suggest". The government say they are doing all they can to help people like myself??? My next move will be on to the streets sleeping rough were things can only get worst as I’m sure finding a job in dirty clothes and smelling won’t increase my appeal. Am I a coward for wanting to end things before things get to the point of no return?

2. Summer.Rain

Summer.Rain Well-Known Member

Well, sometimes you must make 8 steps back to get 10 steps forward
    plus dont forget, the world is going threw difficult time now
    my dad own a 250k$ business and he is about to loose it.
    Our whole fammily living out of this business and for the past 2 months
    we dont have money for anything, we eating only macarony and potatos for cryst sake!
    And i cant turn on the heater becaouse we dont have the money to pay for electricity
    (And its FREEZING outside)
    So... you are not alone who is in deep shit now.
    My advice, look for any job possible (not just those that work best for you)
    im talking about waitreses, cooks, cleaners, dish washers.
    i know it low, but its better then nothing!
    If you really about to go live on the steet you can do some more things.
    Sell your flat and move to a cheaper place, rent appt again, move to a
    diffrent coutry is you need to, just dont loose hope!
    Hell, worse case screnario, you end up living in a tent and eating cold food.
    But it dosnt mean you must live on the street!

3. lifeshell

lifeshell Member

Thanks for reply. Of coarse I have applied for all types of jobs, I would rather work as a cleaner than live on the streets. I’m not refusing jobs because they don’t suit me! I can’t sell my flat because it was repossessed ? And finally when I say I have no money as the government will not help, I genuinely mean I have no money, so tent and cold food is also out the window. But anyway thanks

4. freefalling

freefalling Active Member

No-one cud blame you for thinking that the world was against you cos lets face it,you have had a rough few months,BUT suicide is not the answer.The recession is hitting hard and it is not choosy as to who it brings down.
    I don't know where you are from but get out the yellow pages and seek out state sponsored money advisory boards and get as much info as possible as to ur rights.Contact ur doctor and tell him how you are feeling and he may be able to help out with accommodation,ie hostel.
    I don't know if that is any help but don't leave a stoned uncovered cos there is help out there.You are too young to let these things bring you down and with any luck you will look bac in 5 years time and laugh about ur current circumstances.

5. AlexPeace

AlexPeace Active Member

hi, I'm sending You ,y best thought & prayers, it sounds pretty rough & tough for U and I'm not sure how I would handle all that losss & disappointment,it's a lot of F***cking stress,Please do ur best to hang on,any friends to help U out??????? :argh:

6. lifeshell

lifeshell Member

thanks for the reply. I'm in th UK, the only help I have is the government but they say because I received redundancy pay they can't help. I have spoken to my GP and he has put me on anti-depressants but they only mask the problem, they don't resolve the problem. I had to lie to the chemist and say I receive benefits cos I couldn't afford them. My point is I don't know where to go next because it all loops back to the government. You need to be on jobseekers allowence or some kind of benefit to get a hostel. I feel like I have tried everything and have no other options

7. lifeshell

lifeshell Member

I appreciate it thanks. Unfortuanatly friends are not an option

8. Summer.Rain

So you do get some sort of money?
    I mean if no then just go to the bank and take a paper about the fact
    there is no income, and then show it to everyone who think you got some sort of income!
    they will see you dont have income and they will be forced to help you

9. EmptyLife

EmptyLife Well-Known Member

i'm facing a similar situation. i'm too depressed to write now. but know that you have support here and people facing the same things.

10. LastCrusade

LastCrusade Well-Known Member

u r not alone in this dude! millions r in the same predicament. life is never fair so u must not give up. accept it and fight against destiny.

11. Stranger1

Stranger1 Forum Buddy & Antiquities Friend

hey Lifeshell,
    Why don't you write down everything including the fact that you are about to commit suicide. Then go to your A&E ask to speak with someone in mental health. Let them read what you wrote. Hopefully they will admit you when they know you are about to harm yourself.. Try to get a letter from the shrink and a therapist or whatever. Then ask for any referals they might be able to offer. Take the letters to the government and reapply for benefits and add a copy of the letters to the application. Thats about all I can think of right now!!Take care!!~Joseph~

12. Summer.Rain

Lifeishell you can also write to the local press if you feel rejacted by the goverment
    you can tell them that you are forced to live on the streets
    and preety much all you wrote here.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.