Atomoxetine (Strattera) for ADHD

Discussion in 'Therapy and Medication' started by expressive_child, Jul 4, 2007.

1. expressive_child

expressive_child Well-Known Member

I was just wondering if anyone else here have ADHD and taking Atomoxetine..? One of my previous doctors prescribed this for me some time ago and he encourage me to finish it so I did. Even though it helps to calm me down a little but then again I feel so drowy after taking it and I realize even though my hyperactivity is reduced, I feel so numb after that and its hard to concentrate on my job or even reading a book. Sometimes my vision turns a little blurry too.

It didn't really help actually. So I decided to stop but my doctor was disappointed coz he think I should see him and try something else but then its way too expensive to afford that kind of medicine all the time. At times, it makes me feel so low for no particular reason and I feel like I can just jump off from the tenth floor of a building just for fun! I manage to finish it after a few weeks or so but didn't want to go back to the doctor.

It's hard to concentrate too, I have to struggle to perform certain tasks. I feel like its definitely interrupting with my ability to work. Well, does anyone here has ADHD and tried that med before..?
  2. For ADHD I've only heard of being given stimulints: To focus rather than being all over the place. But stimulints are usually like ritalin or dexedrin. Also they are addictive. Oh the stories I could tell.