Attack the person instead of the issue? Listen up...

Discussion in 'Rants, Musings and Ideas' started by Prinnctopher's Belt, Dec 23, 2009.

1. Prinnctopher's Belt

Prinnctopher's Belt Antiquities Friend SF Supporter

I write in my diary what the fuck is on my mind, and I'm careful to limit myself because I'm aware of what the rules here are, just like everyone else here.

If ANY of you have ANYTHING to say to me about what the fuck I write in MY motherfucking public diary, then YOU tell me in the PM where we can talk about it. If we're in a thread about a political issue, and we happen to disagree, you do NOT bring up something personal about an individual and I don't give a fuck who you are.

If you have a personal problem with me, take it to the PM, send me a motherfucking message and I'll be enthused to answer any and all fucking inquiries that you may have about me. Bringing up personal issues that people have in a thread that's about serious issues and events around the world is rude, the shit is uncouth, and I'm sure moderators do not tolerate nor allow such bullshit in the serious topics forum.

If you have a fucking problem, BRING IT TO ME personally. Everybody in the Soap Box doesn't want to see that fucking bullshit hijacking their threads. You're either going to attack the issue, or shut the fuck up and bring it to the PM.

ANY MOTHERFUCKING TAKERS? Bring it. That's all I have to say about that.
  2. itmahanh

itmahanh Senior Member & Antiquities Friend

I agree with what you're saying. If someone has a problem with something you have posted or said, then they should be mature enough to call you on it in a personal message. Trying to start someting over it in a thread or post is not fair to the other members.

You might want to tone your anger down a bit though. Many members here are very sensitive to anger and rage. It can be a very bad trigger for them. And it may just defeat the very point you are trying to make. If you are this angry and showing it, other people may feel too intimidated to make a personal message to you. Just a thought.
  3. Prinnctopher's Belt

Prinnctopher's Belt Antiquities Friend SF Supporter

I agree. I'm trying to do something about my anger and rage problems though. I really am.

I'll keep trying.
  4. cult logic

cult logic Staff Alumni

Perhaps then you should take a break from the site?

This place is not intended to make people angry.
  5. WildCherry

WildCherry Staff Member ADMIN

Though I understand the point you're trying to make, the fact that you made it with so much aggression takes away from it. If the site makes you so angry, maybe you need to walk away from the computer for a few minutes, cool down, and then make your point.
  6. mike25

mike25 Well-Known Member

I understand where you're coming from. You know what, some people just want to argue or wind another up, you're better off spotting those ones early, pitying them for immaturity (or whatever it is), and then just moving on and focusing your energy to engage with people who have a bit more decorum.