Attempted Strangulation

Discussion in 'Rape and Abuse' started by keno23, May 4, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. keno23

    keno23 New Member

    Hello , ive been a member off this site for sometime. I have to off load something that happened three weeks ago as ive no one else to share or help.

    I had a breakdown two years ago and currently live in supported accommodation for people with mental health issues. Three weeks ago i was sitting in the garden with another resident , we were talking when suddenly he just got very angry and launched himself across the table putting his hands around my neck.He wouldnt let go,he lifted my head and twisted it round so my face was facing his, his hands kept getting tighter.He keep telling me i was going to die a i couldnt speak,i could see stars and it was getting darker, eventluty he let go.He ran indooors and i fell to the floor.
    Once i managed to get my self indoors others residents told me they had heard him screaming ' im going to kill the f@@king b@@ch '. The police game and i refused to press charges has he is only 19yrs old. I went to DRs , i have massive brusing around my neck,including some finger prints and have been in loads of pain.
    Well that was 3 weeks ago and we are still living in the same house. staff have said we are not allowed to talk to each other or be in the same area,ie garden ,hall way kitchen . To them that the soulotion , i thought he would be moved on but his not. I would like to talk to him so i know his not that monster who left me in the garden but staff say thats not possible. Staff keep renforcing that we must keep away from each other just in case.
    I have slept for ages ,when i do i have terrible nightmares. What should i do ..........

  2. Theodora

    Theodora Well-Known Member

    If you have a mental health advocate speak to him/ her about this. Or speak to your doctor. Speak to someone other than staff of the supported accommodation. Are you in the UK?
  3. keno23

    keno23 New Member

    Thank you for your reply, yes i am in essex. I will be seeing my CPN tues, i did see her a few days after the event but i guess i was in shock and not really making much sense. Thanks again
  4. Theodora

    Theodora Well-Known Member

    You were making sense. I think you need to speak to someone independent of the accommodation as staff there will have at least one conflict of interest. I am also afraid that not pressing charges may not have been in your best interest. It was a very dangerous incident. It should have been reported not just to the police but to whoever is responsible for the accommodation and also to the appropriate part of the health authority who funds it. The staff may be protecting themselves rather than the best interests of those in their care. If there is an advocacy system in your area seek their help. Sane have a website and helpline and can also help.
  5. Mayflower7

    Mayflower7 Banned Member

    Hi Keno,
    This should not have happened, talk to your social worker. Or phone adult services and get their help. You need an advocate, this man who harmed you needs to live alone. You should not be moving as he was not justified to behave like that. He needs help to stop his violence towards women unacceptable at anytime.
    Your CPN nurse will help you as well. I hope you are safe and feeling much better.
    Take care
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.