Attempted suicide. Attempted posts. At least there is symmetry

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by Talia862, Nov 12, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Talia862

Talia862 Well-Known Member

My post got deleted for methods, so I am going to try and say the same thing REALLY vague

I intended to commit suicide. I took steps to do it. Was thwarted and realized that had I gone through with it I would have been still alive and much worse off in a number of ways.

I am still very depressed. i saw my counselor today and she told me to write a list of things I had to look forward too and things I had accomplished. I did, and sent it to someone to print out for me. I still want to die

I know it was my own fault my post got deleted, but I'm really upset about it. I was hoping to have heard from people by now because I needed the support. All day out and working on my packing I kept telling myself there would be messages and help and then there weren't.

Last night after I set out to do what I set out to do and was stopped my friend wrote to me and told me she was suicidal and the only thing that was keeping her going was me. She said that she so admired my strength and courage in fighting my suicidal feelings. Ugh!

I don't know what to do> I don't want to let her down.

But I want to die so much.

I just am sitting here crying. I am trying to follow my counselors advice but it is hard
  2. DrownedFishOnFire

DrownedFishOnFire Quieta non movere

Call a hotline if you feel like you are over the edge. They're quite helpful. I've personally used hotlines quite few times during rough patch.

The question I have is why do you want to die so much? All methods of suicide is not 100%, youre more likely to survive and have your quality of life altered, I am glad you have seen that before you followed through. Take the idea out of your head and focus on what you dont like about your life and change it around to what you want in your life. You are precious and so is your friend.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.