attempting suicide

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by pit, Mar 13, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pit

pit Well-Known Member

If I go to a treatment center complaining of severe suicidal feelings without having injured myself, I'll feel like a fool. I feel like I should make an attempt.

On the other hand, I'm too depressed and out of sorts to make an attempt. Physically, I'm not feeling right. I feel like I'm gonna have a nervous breakdown.
  2. gentlelady

gentlelady Staff Alumni

If you need to seek help at a treatment facility, please don't feel foolish about it because you haven't harmed yourself. It is much better to seek out the help before it gets to that point. If you are not feeling right physically, there may be something medical going on within your body. Sometimes it can lead to increased depressive feelings. I hope you feel better pit. Stay safe. :hug:
  3. EllieThade

EllieThade Antiquities Friend

You don't have had to made an attempt or have hurt yourself to go to a treatment center. I've been hospitalized many many times on my feelings alone. Only a few have been from actual attempts, or as one doctor put it, "gestures." The first time I went into a hospital, I was just thinking of taking pills and had changed my mind. But I told my psychiatrist and he put me in the hospital.

I hope you feel better soon... Please don't be afraid to seek treatment without doing something stupid... :hug:
  4. Chernarus

Chernarus Well-Known Member

Dont go to a sych center they all suck. They just make it worse
  5. pit

pit Well-Known Member

Thanks for reading, everybody. I was able to talk a good friend out of suicide on the phone a minute ago. I'm glad I didn't go anywhere.

Although we're all in a dark place, maybe there's something looking after us.

6. heartlessfaceless

heartlessfaceless Active Member

everytime ive attemped to kill myself theyve told me its better to go to the hospital before u attempt to ,and tell them u feel like if! i mean come on..can u imagine rollin up to the desk saying that! and with the health system the way it is aswell..ud want to kill yourself just sitting around and waitin for someone to come down an talk to u they take that long. they have no ridiculous
  7. Hae-Gi

Hae-Gi Banned Member

Yeah, they are worthless idiots, alright. I've never met a psychiatrist that was nice; all have treated me like garbage. I've let the authorities be able to know that I do not ever want to seem them, again, since they only make everything worse. If I hadn't ever gone to meet those psychologists (followed by psychiatrists), I probably wouldn't be in this state, today. I hate them!
  8. dazzle11215

dazzle11215 Staff Alumni

you don't have to hurt yourself to seek help, and there's more supports than just psychiatrists and meds available from the hospital.
    for instance, there are social workers, nurses, classes, support groups, or peer support. different things work for different people. i find my twice a week relaxation class helps loads - i use the stuff i learn there to try and calm myself down before i land in a totally suicidal frame of mind.
    i view the emergency room as just that, a place to go in an emergency. if you are in that state then it's just about being somewhere safe where you won't hurt yourself. the hard work about getting better comes later.
  9. deadpan

deadpan Account Closed

I have only been put into hospital once. It was quite frightening,, it was a psych ward of a hospital near me where I live. I did speak to a doctor who was quite reasonable, and the nurses seemed nice and polite too. I think it does differ from place to place, but iv never been in a treatment centre so I cannot really compare.
  10. Lost&Confused

Lost&Confused Member

Trust me, they are not judging you like that and just want to help you. They will not see your situation as any less serious just because you have not attempted suicide. They want to get to you before you reach that stage.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.