Attention all members!

Discussion in 'Forum News & Updates' started by Petal, Aug 20, 2014.

1. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

Greeting, all members. I would just like to say that if any member is in a position where you feel able to donate to SF, it would be very much appreciated. I understand totally that there are members who may be struggling financially and that too is totally fine. This is just a friendly reminder to say if anyone is in a position to donate, it would be very helpful as there are fees coming up soon. The ''donate'' icon is located on the top of the main forum page and is highlighted in green beside the ''quick links'' icon.

However, SF will always be up regardless and active and is not in trouble, any donations no matter how small will be of help ...so do not worry, SF will be ALWAYS be here for you! The donation system is set up through paypal, so every currency can be processed and it is safe and your information is completely confidential as only the site owner will be notified of donations! Thank you kindly. I am going to keep this thread open in the event anyone has any questions :)

Kind regards,

Petal!

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 20, 2014
  2. Hatshepsut

Hatshepsut Guest

I haven't given money and probably won't. That makes me a hypocrite. But here goes:

It's better not to promise continuity when going out of business is always possible with any website. Rather, persons using this site should realize that if it does cease operations, they should be grateful for the time they had it, free of charge and free of ad clutter. I've saved copies of the material here that interests me. :)

3. NYJmpMaster

NYJmpMaster Have a question? Message Me Staff Member Forum Owner ADMIN

This website is not a business. Since we are not a business we are not at risk of "going out of business" in any way. We could easily support its total cost with advertising - simply choose not to because we do not like banner ads and because nobody here is trying to make extra money or profits based on somebody else's sadness or problems like most these type of sites and forums are. We are not in dire need nor at risk of closing or anything of the sort. If people are able and want to contribute some then great- it is a little easier for others. If somebody is not able or does not want to then that is fine as well. We do not do the "paid member" or "supporter" avatar/icon even because nobody gets special treatment or input based on that.

While it is far from no-cost to keep the site operational, it is not life changing money needed to do it either. This site is here and maintained because many of us believe it to be a place worth supporting - whether that is supporting with contributing money, advice, or even simply by reading and replying (or reading and not replying it lets people know that somebody is interested enough to at least read) - these are all contributions.

4. Yoko Odinhart

Yoko Odinhart Well-Known Member

Just curious, but how much does running this site without ads cost? I've seen other forums like this go down hill and I don't want the same to happen with this one. By down hill I mean server issues, bugs and bots everywhere, etc.

5. Freya

Freya Loves SF Staff Member ADMIN

SF has been running for 8 long and healthy years and our Web Wizard is awesome at fixing bugs, bots and server problems so there is no need for anyone to worry about the site 'going down hill' at all.

6. Raven

Raven Guest

1. We own and run our own server that means that we do not rent any equipment all we pay for on a month to month basis is for software and for hosting fees and I believe this has helped us with our uptime since we are not sharing resources with any other users.
    2. We are always monitoring the site, the server status, and I get tons of E-mails on what the sucker is doing. So this is not a site that got put up and is forgotten we are always tweaking, monitoring and pressing buttons.
    3. We are all volunteers at this place, we do this because we have found support here and we believe that this place is worth keeping around. Do not expect us to go any ware anytime soon.

7. MoAnamCara

MoAnamCara SF Artist

Thank you!

8. Thank you Raven and all the people behind this wonderful forum. Love you guys for all the emotional support I receive when I feel extremely bad and down. :)

9. Twocky61

Twocky61 Banned Member

:thankyou: from me too Raven; I notice no reply to Yoko's question lol, but then I would have been suprised if an answer had have been given :) Sort of commercially sensitive information in a non-commercial sense.

10. flowers

flowers Senior Member

just saw this. will donate

11. Petal

Thank you very much Flowers and to the others who have donated. Your kindness and support is very much appreciated.

Kind regards,Petal.

12. W Miller

W Miller Well-Known Member

When I get some money, I will try to donate. I use an ad blocker for the web. I noticed quickly, that there is NOTHING to block here. Your forum is honorable, I'll say that. You are not making money off peoples despair. :)

I hope your forum is here, for many years to come. SF is doing a great thing, by offering a nonjudgmental support system, for those in need.

13. WildCherry

WildCherry Staff Member ADMIN

To those who have donated or are able to, we truly appreciate your help!! To those that aren't able to... that's okay; it's the members who make SF what it is. And I don't mean financially, but members reaching out, offering support when it's needed. That's what truly keeps SF going.

14. Petal

Hello all,

If anyone is in a position where they feel they are financially able to donate to suicide forum that would be so helpful and kind. The site is not in trouble, we're managing but any donation no matter how small is very much appreciated :) If you cannot donate that is totally fine too, do not worry.

Thank you all SF members :)

some_random_name likes this.
  15. W Miller

I've easily put 20 bucks in the slots and thought nothing of it. I can certainly afford to do this for this amazing support community. Could somebody confirm it went through...?

Thank you kindly :)

16. WildCherry

WildCherry Staff Member ADMIN

It came through. Thank you so, so much!! :hug:

17. Petal

Thank you so much W Miller, it's appreciated dearly :hug:

18. W Miller

You're very welcome ***hugs***

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 24, 2015
  19. Petal

Thank you to everyone who has donated to SF. It's greatly appreciated no matter how much it is. I finally got around to doing it again today and this thread came to mind. If you are in a position to be able donate to the forum we are grateful. If you aren't that is totally cool too :)

20. flowers

flowers Senior Member

I would do it, but I cannot use paypal. Long story. Well, not long. Just shouldnt post about it here