Attention All Posers

Discussion in 'Rants, Musings and Ideas' started by Rybread, Oct 20, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rybread

Rybread Member

Why do I have a need to express such anger towards people on this forum? All I can say is that there is no "suicide attempts" there is only commitments, anything less is self harm or attention seeking. I find these people to be the "cry wolves" of our society who take away from people who actually pull the trigger. I have never attempted suicide but when I do I will not fail. It will not be an "attempt" like the rest of you suburban spoiled posers. Sadness is only a momentary glimpse into true depression. Fuck you.
  2. am I alive

am I alive Well-Known Member

Yeah,maybe your'e right but remember that most of those ppl are still just kids and if they ''failed'' once doesnt mean they wont try again for real. However, thay obviously have the problem of some kind and this place is supposed to help ppl. I don't aree they take away anything from other ppl. Everyone can get help here.
  3. TaraB3ar

TaraB3ar Well-Known Member

Doing something that you think will kill you but then it doesn't doesn't make you a "poser" or "attention seeker". We have great medicine now a days. I haven't attempted suicide myself but I am still offended by your post and I think its rude to the people here. We're here to support each other not to criticize for not actually dying. "take away from the ones who actually pull the trigger" as if they should be commended? their death was a tragedy not something to be looked at as an accomplishment, how can you even say such awful things?
  4. Tobes

Tobes Well-Known Member

You've got it all wrong. Attempt means that you try to do something, it doesn't matter whether you succeed or not. Success or failure is completely out of your hands, you can survive a gunshot to the head, a handful of pills, and a hanging isn't foolproof either.

Don't be such a dickhead to people that don't deserve it, if you are going to be like that you don't belong on these forums. I have nothing but pity for people like you, and hope that you will one day grow the fuck up and learn how to be civil to people. If you get a kick out of being a dickhead, then go somewhere else, this is a place for support and helpful advice, not angsty bullshit attacks on people.
  5. raincloud

raincloud Well-Known Member

This is pretty offensive. People have survived many kinds of suicide attempts, even those kinds that you would think would NEVER fail. I won't mention specific methods, but let me tell you, if you can think of it, someone somewhere has done it and LIVED.

No one "cries for help" for no reason. They cry for help because they need help.
  6. ZombiePringle

ZombiePringle Forum Buddy and Antiquities Friend

I have to agree with what has been said is response to insensitivity. What you said is very offensive and wrong. Maybe if I attempt again I'll try to not be a poser! People on here need support not insults. Most of the time when people say they're going to do it they intend to. And thats why SF is here to try and support those people and help them to realize that there is other options.
  7. Abacus21

Abacus21 Staff Alumni

This thread is going to go nowhere except perhaps, a few comments directed towards the OP.

Seeing as it serves no purpose, the thread is now closed.

Any comments / complaints about it, feel free to PM me.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.