attention seeker

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by vbuk, Apr 16, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. vbuk

vbuk Staff Alumni

everyone thinks i do it for attention. i get suicidal for attention. i dont want the attention. last night i had to stay on the net til about 3 so that someone was with me. tonight i wont. i am not an attention seeker. when i say about doing it i want to do it. just cos i dont do it. doenst mean im just after everyones attention. i want to die. i long to die. by doing it will it make u see that im really feeling it and not doing it for attention. this isnt aimed at n e one. im just hurting and need to say it. if i do it im sorry. going to stay away from sf and the net all together. let everyone live in peace. out of sight out of mind.

love you
  2. LaLaLullaby

LaLaLullaby Well-Known Member

I know the feeling. I'm called an attention seeker too.

People are idiots...
    It's hard though, because who do you turn to for help?
    Just do whatever you can for yourself.

Ahhh that was such crappy advice.

Look if you wanna vent, PM me. I don't know how else to help.
  3. crzykidshanana

crzykidshanana Well-Known Member

Why are you on here...if not for attention? Not negative attention, but just attention in general. You come on here because you want reasons not to die.

Are you getting what you want?

You're still around?
  4. bono

bono Well-Known Member

People assume that you are seeking attention and there pity. Most people labeled with “attention seeker” are just looking for someone to talk to. If they do come across as it needy its only because they let there current mood take over.

There is another crowd thou. Those who want that attention, for everyone how big there problems are and how much worse there lives are. They exaggerate things and get all melodramatic.

~Bono the uppity Canadian with a floppy head and beady little eyes
  5. KathyLynnKilroy

KathyLynnKilroy Active Member

Sure we do it for attention!

This one did it years ago during an abusive relationship. This one was saying "Lookit me! I'm in trouble and I need help getting out of it!" But nobody else saw it that way. Because of the abusive person, they all said this one was trying to manipulate and control {abuse} her. In truth, it was the other way around! :sad:

Right now, Happy May Seven makes me want to seek attention! You betcha!

After all, there are people much less ill than I am. But whenever they get so much as someone whispering a bad word about them, the entire Red Army of Social Workers and Advocates jump on their asses and threaten all kinds of legal stuff until the offending parties apologize and let it go.

Where are those same got tanj advocates and social workers when WE need the help? Nowhere to be found!!!!

Then we end up in a super shitty position, and those same social workers and advocates finally step up, and you know what? They all ask the same question! "Why didn't you come to us when you saw it falling apart!?" And you know what? We did!!!!! Not one of them would help us then!!!!!

Well, ef them! If they can't give us the attention we need when we need it, then by gods, we'll just find a train and hop under it!

There's no point in going through the hell of homelessness again. Especially without a safe place at all, now, and most definitely not with my vulnerable Kathy.
  6. Scum

Scum Well-Known Member

Often people label others as 'attention seekers' if it is something they do not understand, or maybe they begrudge you something, or they want a reaction from you.

But even if you are an 'attention seeker' (I'm not saying you are though), what does it matter? If someone is seeking attention then there is a problem there in itself, and that person needs help and support. What's wrong with that? There is a HUGE stereotype that 'attention seeking' is 'wrong' but it's not, it is a cry for help and that person needs their problems addressed too.

I suggest that you don't listen to anyone that calls you an attention seeker, you do what you need to do to get through, be it talking to people for hours, anything. Keeping you alive is far more important than being stubborn and reacting to a comment someone has made.

Hang in there and take care
  7. ace

ace Well-Known Member

I won't call you an attention seeker please don't leave the site I care about you.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.