ATTN: If someone is harming you or has speak out.

Discussion in 'Rape and Abuse' started by Mightbehere, Sep 25, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mightbehere

Mightbehere Well-Known Member

Well maybe this can be made a sticky but I thought it would help if someone posted a thread about this.

if someone is touching you threatening you or making you feel uncomfortable then speak out. Tell someone that you can trust like a parent or friend or a police officer. Obviously these things can be hard to speak about sometimes and seem scary and if a person is harming you they might try and silence you by threats but you can speak out and the law is suppose to protect you from harm. Maybe another solution if you are finding it hard to talk about is to write it down and show the police or a parent. Police investigations can be conducted quite discreetly these days depending on the circumstances especially if the person harming you threatens to do something nasty to you if you speak out.

So please tell and get help when needed. You might not think that there are good people in the world or good males or no-one cares but I'm a person and a guy typing this and I care if someone is being hurt.

-sincerely Mightbehere
  2. wheresmysheep

wheresmysheep Staff Alumni

its not always the case might, its always your word against theres, and obviously they will deny it.
  3. Dave_N

Dave_N Guest

That's true. I remember a quote from Training Day. 'It's not what you know, it's what can prove.' Still, telling someone is always better than remaining silent about it.
  4. innocencexisxlove

innocencexisxlove Well-Known Member

Well said Emma.
    It's very good to tell, and speak out... But it doesn't mean you're going to get help, or things will change.
  5. LenaLunacy

LenaLunacy Well-Known Member

There's no way i would ever be able to tell anyone what happened to me...there's no way they would believe me...there's no way anyone would be able to prove it. It's my word against his, and i honestly don't think there is anyway they'd believe me.
  6. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

Telling people fucks your life up, people might not believe you, there is no evidence anyway, its your word against theirs , if you have ever had many sexual partners then you have lost your case...keeping it a secret makes it easier to cope with and makes things normal again. :hiding: sorry but thats just an opinion from someone that has been raped and abused.
  7. Jenna

Jenna Well-Known Member

It is hard for some people to actually talk about to anyone what they have been through I was abused years ago and even know people tell me to go to the police but they wont. My mom knows as I eventually told her.
  8. Mightbehere

Mightbehere Well-Known Member

I know the post is fairly seesaw, it depends on many factors and peoples personalities. But this was mainly directed at people who are being abused by someone/ are in danger and are afraid to speak out (A tatic many abusers use) such as if it is their parents or family friend. If you find it hard to talk about you can always put your thoughts to paper or on computer and show it to the person. Quite often fear is the main abusers weapon because the person speaking about it to someone else can be all that is needed to expose them.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.