Attraction

Discussion in 'Soap Box' started by Anonymous2, Aug 4, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Anonymous2

Anonymous2 Well-Known Member

What do you think about when you find yourself attracted to a beautiful person?

I was inspired to ask this question due to some differences of opinion about attraction that were expressed in another thread. Some felt attraction is the same for everyone while others felt it is different for each individual.

For me, attraction tends to elicit feelings of love, affection, happiness, marriage, and a desire to lovingly embrace.

Usually when I develop a crush on ladies I see at college, I find myself listening to songs such as “Hold me, Kiss me, Thrill me” by Mel Carter, “I Can’t Help Falling in Love With You” by The King, “Always” by Atlantic Starr, "Natural High" by Bloodstone, "You Can't Hurry Love" by Diana Ross & The Supremes, or “All My Life”, by JoJo and K-Ci (I’m 25 years old, but I mostly like old love songs, Check them out on iTunes).

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 4, 2007
  2. Blackness

Blackness Guest

I indeed think attraction is differently to everyone...obviously shown by how different people arnt always attracted to the same people...

I think my initial thoughts of attraction do not include marrigae, I guess I'm too young to be thinking like that yet..
    I think about how I want to be with them, how good they look, getting affectionate, etc.
    Hope that helped :)

3. Three letters put together, says it all for me. AOM.

4. Greenforest

Greenforest Well-Known Member

First I get very happy and hopefull.
    Then when I see she doesn't even notice me I get depressed.

5. expressive_child

expressive_child Well-Known Member

Well, beautiful girls often remind me of a certain girl that I loved so much but blow up my one chance to be with her and I will always regret. Every pretty girl I see reminds me of her. Well, I often sing yo myself a lot. Mostly love songs when I am thinking about her. I have this strange addiction to love songs cos I can listen to it non stop sometimes.

6. RainbowChaser

RainbowChaser Well-Known Member

For me, somehow, when I do feel attracted to someone, I just wanna be near them.

Then of course I feel really guity and full of shame - no-one would want to be near me, after all.

7. Twisted Sweet Lies

Twisted Sweet Lies Well-Known Member

I havn't been attracted to any one in a long time but for me it's all about a good personality. Kindness, someone I can trust and enjoy spending time with.

8. Anime-Zodiac

Anime-Zodiac Well-Known Member

Attraction is subjective.

9. letdown

letdown Guest

:laugh: I tell myself be careful you'll end up like your mother!- (my father was arrogantly/conventionally good looking when younger, she, typically thought that this meant he was a nice person, and had some stupid-romantic-unrealistic ideas).

That's initial reactions. When I meet someone and I like them, the attraction is based on far more than how they look.

Last edited: Aug 11, 2007
  10. Datsik

Datsik Forum Buddy

Awwwwwwww . . . :sad:

Hope you're ok Broken . . .

I feel attracted to girls who are cute, and not obssessed with themselves.

11. ACRon

ACRon Well-Known Member

I tend to go overboard and rush things, like i've found a rare flower that i'll never find again, so i try too hard and scare them away. maybe i too should listen to more diana ross and the supremes :p

12. Will

Will Staff Alumni

Attraction for me is their personality. If it's good enough than I can pverlook physical imperfection. If a girl can make me smile and we can sit under the stars together I can care less how she feels about her weight / other imperfections. Just as long as they're clean and take care of themselves, that's cool.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.