Attribution theory and evil gangs...

Discussion in 'Rants, Musings and Ideas' started by LightInTheDarkestNight, Sep 24, 2013.

1. LightInTheDarkestNight

LightInTheDarkestNight Well-Known Member

We are all like untrained psychologists trying to make sense of this world by determining the reason for others behavior. When judging others we tend to favor a dispositional attribution meaning they are acting in a certain way it's because it's "how they are". This is why many people believe someone who has wronged them once is a bad person, you don't know or take into account all the other things they could be dealing with. When we judge our own behavior we always take into account situational or external factors.

Anyways there has been this "girl" who has been messing with me and I've known it for months, we've never met. I'm quite sure he/she is one of my enemies. To make things stranger on many occasions I hadn't received a text from her in many hours or even days and right when I wake up I get a text. I'm talking within 2-3 minutes of waking and regardless if it's 10:45 PM or 7AM. Like last night it happened at 10:45 I went downstairs to turn on the oven and I saw my phone light up right when I went into my room at 10:47. Even on this past saturday night this person told me they went to "bed" at 10:30 and then my son came in my room at 7AM on sunday and right away I get a text from "her". This seeming odd I called back and of course there was no answer. "they fell back asleep"....

So I finally told this person off and I know they are in with my enemies. This person also lives or says they live in a city that's at least a 6-7 hour drive away from where I live. Well my sons mom texted me this morning and someone threw a bucket of orange paint at her balcony window. Coincidence? I think not...

It's kind of crazy but in this day and age anyone can be a spy with the right equipment...
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 24, 2013
  2. flowers

flowers Senior Member

I am really sorry this is happening to you. I hope your ex reported the paint incident to the police. Just so there can be a record of it.
  3. pickwithaustin

pickwithaustin Staff Alumni

Stop feeding them by responding to their messages. Block them from your phone or other devices and move on with life without the drama of their 'stalking.'
  4. LightInTheDarkestNight

LightInTheDarkestNight Well-Known Member

Yeah i tried to tell "her" to leave me alone on a few occasions but she kept texting me out of the blue after days or weeks of no contact...

two days ago I changed my email password and i got a text verification to my phone to confirm my account which I entered immediately. Well yesterday morning I got a text giving me a code when I didn't request it the second time. That means someone knows my password(or a recent password i had)and email but since its a 2 step process requiring verification via text to my they couldn't get in... The only other possibility is that someone put my cell number in for a their account accidentally which given my circumstances seems not very likely...

Nothing is showing up on my virus scanner as well. Looks like I may have to reformat my computer just to be safe there isn't some kind of Trojan or virus my anti virus isn't picking up.