August healthy eating and weight loss/exercise challenge...

@Woowoo you're doing awesome :D I like it that you feel like it's easy to stick to !

Yesterday I baked 4 pizzas with a friend.... It was amazing, I ate nothing the whole day and then I ate 2 awesome homemade pizzas... I'm not sure whether this is healthy but I don't care right now, I like more and more my body shape :)

@Woowoo so you asked for my recipes... It's nothing incredible but simply putting (fresh) vegetables in a pan with soy sauce (don't add salt, it's quite salty already), and add water from time to time, and depending how you like your vegetables you can cook it longer. It's super easy to do, and well, I'm lazy so it's perfect for healthy meals. I recommend preparing the meat (or anything that's suppose to go with your vegetables, if any) in another pan, because you probably don't want soy sauce on it. The good thing is that you don't need to add any sauce to your vegetables because the soy sauce will do it for you :D
So basically I put red/green/yellow pepper, zucchini, mushrooms... basically whatever you want ! It works well with broccoli as well
I got an other one which is even simpler ! cut slices of zucchini -> in a pan with a bit of water, then add a LOT of curry, then you can add a bit of liquid cream when you think it's ready (so that it makes a curry sauce) or without it's good as well.
You probably think it's super basic food but I didn't know it would taste good enough so that I can eat it as an everyday meal !

the last recipe I got (apart from cake recipes) is : one pizza dough in a round pan (same as for pies), you put some tomato sauce or mustard (i prefer mustard) then you break 6 eggs just as for an omelet and you pour it inside. Then you add some dried tomatoes (or just normal tomatoes) some broccoli, you can even add pepper. Then put it in the over at 180°C (I don't know the °F scale, sorry...) for 25mn, then you can add a bit of emmental on top, and you put it again for 7-15mn (depending on the oven)
It's super simple but actually very tasty !

Cheers <3

Petal

~*Mod Extraordinaire*~
Staff Alumni
SF Supporter
@Petal These things happen. Don't worry, you're gonna do it ! :D How about trying IF ? Maybe for a week ? Keep us updated !
Octohugs
Thank you. I am on day 6 of IF. I'm trying it for a month first to see what kind of results I get. Love your recipe you just posted in this thread ~ thank you :)

Woowoo

SF Artist
Staff Alumni
SF Supporter
Ok, so I thought I'd been doing really well- sticking to the IF (until yesterday anyway), eating pretty healthily during the eating hours, 3 alcohol free days this week and only gin and slimline tonic on the other days, walking most days- and yet I've put on weight again. I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong :(

Sassy Cat

SF hugger
Safety & Support
SF Supporter
Ok, so I thought I'd been doing really well- sticking to the IF (until yesterday anyway), eating pretty healthily during the eating hours, 3 alcohol free days this week and only gin and slimline tonic on the other days, walking most days- and yet I've put on weight again. I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong :(
Hugs

Sassy Cat

SF hugger
Safety & Support
SF Supporter
I know what I am doing wrong too much sugar back at the dieting good this week also missed out on Fridays workout but I did get in 15,000 steps Friday and 17000 yesterday and I have gained muscle but I still have chocolate from the fair I have to eat lol :confused: so after that back to being good

Citizen Insane

Emote Encyclopedia
Safety & Support
SF Author
SF Supporter
Like I promised to myself - I have subscribed to the gym nearby (5 minute walk) :o :) And of course I just went straight in and started training (indoor bicycle and crosstraining). Even though I only trained for max 45 minutes for today, I feel so much better now, especially after the shower. :P Thanks guys/gals for all the input in this thread and the existence of this thread. :) This is what I need in life right now.

Woowoo

SF Artist
Staff Alumni
SF Supporter
Like I promised to myself - I have subscribed to the gym nearby (5 minute walk) :eek: :) And of course I just went straight in and started training (indoor bicycle and crosstraining). Even though I only trained for max 45 minutes for today, I feel so much better now, especially after the shower. :p Thanks guys/gals for all the input in this thread and the existence of this thread. :) This is what I need in life right now.
That's great that you've joined the gym already and actually been training. Well done :) This new home is going to be brilliant for you.

Petal

~*Mod Extraordinaire*~
Staff Alumni
SF Supporter
Like I promised to myself - I have subscribed to the gym nearby (5 minute walk) :eek: :) And of course I just went straight in and started training (indoor bicycle and crosstraining). Even though I only trained for max 45 minutes for today, I feel so much better now, especially after the shower. :p Thanks guys/gals for all the input in this thread and the existence of this thread. :) This is what I need in life right now.
Delighted for you. Exercise sure does leave you feeling awesome with all those endorphins flying around, I am very happy for you :) Don't worry, we will definitely have a September thread too, this is long term, no fads, keep it up my friend :) Btw, you're so lucky to live so close to the gym, I am envious.

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$50.00
Goal
$255.00