Autism Spectrum Quotient test

Discussion in 'Mental Health Disorders' started by Mr Stewart, Feb 7, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mr Stewart

Mr Stewart Well-Known Member

My score was 44. I don't know if I am on the spectrum. The symptoms of Asperger Syndrome seem to be consistent with the way that I am but... do not know for sure. On waiting list for diagnostic assessment right now.
  2. Madsys

Madsys Active Member

i got 35...
  3. UsedToBe

UsedToBe Well-Known Member

4. AlienBeing

AlienBeing Well-Known Member

I scored 27. It says scoring 26 to 32 indicates some autistic traits (Asperger's Syndrome). I keep telling my therapist I think I slightly or very nearly have Asperger's. I think he dismisses it. Oh well. So do when do you have Autism--when you're higher or lower than that range?
  5. Mr Stewart

higher score means stronger indication of autism spectrum traits on this particular test.

called psych assessment services department today to inquire about my position on waiting list. Looking like four more months. Have already been waiting two. :crushed: It'll be me and the GP for a while I guess.
  6. Fredericks

Fredericks Well-Known Member

34. I've been told I'm in the Asperger's spectrum, but a lot of these overlap with my social anxiety, so I'm not that concerned about autism. The way I see it, I'm not losing anything by not being able to decipher people's faces/emotions/intentions because I'm afraid to be around them in the first place.
  7. Sais

Sais Well-Known Member

I got 31. I have some of the Aspergers symptoms but others like the lack of empathy or the inflexibility or rigid thinking, I'm the exact opposite. Witch makes the weirdness weirder.
  8. RumoursOfMyDemise

RumoursOfMyDemise Well-Known Member

I got 21. I was recently tested for autism, and just got the results back yesterday. The woman assessing me is an expert in female autism, but even after she looked over everything and discussed it with her colleagues, she still doesn't know. She hasn't diagnosed me with autism, as although I have many impairments in the social and communicative side of things (probably due to my severe social anxiety more than anything else), I don't have the 'triad of impairments' needed to fulfil an HFA diagnosis. I definitely do not have any of the repetitive/ stereotyped behaviours associated with autism, understand body language/facial expressions, have higher than average empathy, understand sarcasm, etc... She said there's a number of things it could be instead, but mainly she suspects 'Social Communication Disorder', which I haven't been able to find much information on yet, because it's a 'new' disorder only just being discussed for inclusion in the DSM-5. I dunno...I feel....different from other people in a way I can't really explain...I wish I knew what was wrong with me. Think I'm sticking to the SA diagnosis for now, though.
  9. Stripe

Stripe Well-Known Member

I scored 18.

I think most of the 18 score is derived from me being utter crapola in social situations. In a social anxiety test I imagen I would score high.
  10. varek

varek Well-Known Member

I scored 27 which doesn't really surprise me, I'm pretty awful at knowing what to say (it took me a good 10 minutes to figure out what to write in this reply, and I'm still not happy with it. That can't bode well for my sanity :p) But I sorta just think, fuck it, why put a label on who you are? It doesn't change anything about you and I think that's important to remember, it's too easy to get caught up in shit like that..
  11. Mr Stewart

It sometimes becomes necessary to go through the process that brands you with the label (any mental illness, not specifically this one) when the problems associated make it difficult or impossible to function normally in your day to day life. Speaking for myself, I certainly don't want to have a label that comes with a stigma attached to me, but I know that I cannot go on without help. So be it.
  12. Slothbear

Slothbear Well-Known Member

umm i got a 5.... apparently little or no autism traits.

I'm not autistic i just felt like taking the test out of curiosity.
  13. maggiehorse

maggiehorse New Member

my husband and both my grown up sons have autistic spectrum disorder and i have bi polar ....happy families i asked my husband to do the test , he scored 49
  14. TheLoneWolf

TheLoneWolf Well-Known Member

I scored a 36. Not too shabby. Wait... that's not a good thing, is it...
  15. pppqp

pppqp Well-Known Member

43 and no doctors believe me i'm having very serious problems
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.