Ava Here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello everyone!

My name is Ava. I am twenty years old, but most of the time I feel much older. I wish I could be carefree like everyone else but unfortunately my life hasn't been so fun. I have had depression for as long as I can remember but it got a lot worse when my mother abandoned our family when I was twelve. Just told us she was going to get some groceries and that was it. My dad got a phone call a few days later and she said she couldn't handle it anymore. He has been withdrawn and depressed ever since. Our house isn't exactly party central. But, I am leaving our family house and headed to a different city to seek a new life. I'm currently trying to save enough money to go to art school, but there have been setbacks. I'm just trying to be better, in some way. Wow, this post is depressing, but I am glad to be here and get to know you all.

I feel close to a lot of you already.

Hi Ava. I am also new here. I wish you well and hopefully we can all help each other. Keep looking forward. Better times are ahead for all of us.

Hello and welcome!

I hope that you will find support here and that things will get much better for you!!!

:hug: :hug: :hug:

please post more on the forums!

Ravenwing

Hello Ava. (Pretty name) Welcome to SF. It is good to have you here. But you know what? Your post isn't depressing to me. It is inspiring. Despite the sadness in your life, you are striving to move on and follow a dream. That is to be applauded. Feel free to PM me if you need to talk. :hug:

flowers

Ava, welcome. I do not think your story is depressing. It is sad for a very good reason. I am grateful that you are here where you can be honest about your past. Just know that in reading your words, it just might give another new person permission to talk about their past ( and present). So thank you for that.

I am sorry that your mom did what she did. I hope you can find your way, to some healing. I hope that for myself as well.

I am so glad you are here. I think its the best place. The people who run this website are kind and caring. I think it is a wonderful caring safe place for people to be. There are many wonderful members who post here. I am glad you are now one of them. :hug:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$70.00
Goal
$255.00