1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Avoiding sleep

Discussion in 'Midnight Owl' started by Acanthi, Dec 16, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Acanthi

Acanthi Well-Known Member

When you are as insecure as I am, sleeping can be a daunting thing. I can be so terribly tired, and yet I cling to my phone and tell myself just one more episode of this, or one more swipe of instagram; anything to avoid those long moments that pass before I lose consciousness and drift into a fitful sleep.

I've mentioned this in an earlier thread, I'm afraid to sleep. I'm afraid of my dreams. They're not night terrors as such, but dreaming of flowers and sunshine then waking up to the real world where somedays even breathing is a task can be so depressing.

So I'm mumbling here, so I don't have to go to sleep. So I don't have to dream about anything.

2. may71

may71 Well-Known Member

what problems do you have with breathing? is it like asthma or something?

3. Acanthi

@may71 it's more mental. Sometimes I hit a trigger and the emotions drag me down and I feel like I can't breath.

4. may71

may71 Well-Known Member

I think that learning to breathe with your belly is supposed to relax you at least a little

5. Rockclimbinggirl

Rockclimbinggirl SF climber Staff Member Safety & Support SF Supporter

Can you ask your doctor for medication to help you? What about a bedtime routine.

6. Acanthi

@may71 I might try that, thanks for the tip :)
    @Rockclimbinggirl I'm going to see a new therapist on Monday. That's one of the things I need to ask her about. The lack of sleep is exhausting me...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.