aw, fuck.

Discussion in 'Help Me! I Need to Talk to Someone.' started by KittyGirl, Sep 9, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. KittyGirl

KittyGirl Well-Known Member

Well...
    I spoke with my mom just now.
    She cleaned little brother's room today and found ALOT of stuff she wasn't supposed to find.
    He'd been putting off cleaning his filthy room for over a month, so finally- she just decided to do it for him while he was at school and I'll just say... wow. he is in DEEP shit.

He's been working part-time at a convenience store.
    Just recently- his best friend was discovered stealing from her workplace and she's going to jail for theft. She stole over $6000 in cash and merchandise from her workplace over the span of 2 months. 0___0
    I guess he took her as an example (or maybe she took him as an example?)
    Mom discovered a hidden stash filled with stolen candy, energy drinks, CARTONS of cigarettes and boxes of pipes that he'd been stealing from his new job and more than likely, selling to his friends for profit.

Jesus.
    I guess teenagers do stupid shit, but c'mon...
    I helped raise that stupid boy- I feel responsible somehow.
    I don't steal. I always taught him to do the right thing and to be kind and considerate and follow your moral compass but it seems he just doesn't give a shit and he's been taking things that he hasn't paid for and is selling things illegally.
    Fucking kid. :eek:hmy:
    What in the hell is going to be happen? What will be done about this?
    If he's stealing so much now, will be keep on stealing things?
    I don't even know what to think.
    My trust in him is completely shattered. Mom's trust, too.
    He had it really good for a 16 year old up until now...
    He could drink if he wanted to, he didn't have a curfew, he has lots of fancy gadgets-- and, oh; no juvee, either! Guess that's all about to change!
    Great job, you stupid kid.

What would you do if he was your kid or brother?
    What are we supposed to do about him?
    He'll be home from school any time now...

2. cult logic

cult logic Staff Alumni

Tell him he's a dumbass and that if it doesn't stop the police will be informed, if they don't already know.

3. KittyGirl

This is all just...mind blowing.

I feel like such an idiot for not 'sensing' that he was thieving things -___- the rose coloured veil must've been on whenever I'd look at my little brother. I figured since I raised him most of the time, he would be more like me but he's much closer to the opposite.
    I feel like it's my fault.

Since he's a minor; mom will be the one charged for his offenses.
    I'm sure she'll make him pay the fines from his own savings though and perhaps that will help him learn his lesson? ... or maybe it'll just piss him off and make him worse?

aghh... I don't know how to deal with this kind of person. I usually just don't have anything to do with things like this but he's my younger brother.
    I hate this. I am SO disappointed in him.

4. Akita

Akita Well-Known Member

We all do stupid things when we are young....but we learn from the mistakes we make....making us better people in the end....
    Just don't blame yourself for this. Just think how much worse it could've been if you didn't try to teach him right from wrong.

5. Outland

Outland Member

Your brothers actions are his own. You cannot control them nor are you responsible for them. He is young, so are you. Both of you will be in very different places 10 years from now. Time is an amazing thing...

6. Kaos General

Kaos General Well-Known Member

This may shocking to you but to be fair it doesnt mean hes going to end up as a thief. I was a kleptomaniac when i was a kid but i grew out of it. Shouting and screaming at him will make him do it even more. Maybe lay off the im so disappointed at you routine though. He stole in the first place so i dont think people being disappointed in him is going to matter very much.

7. Kaos General

Kaos General Well-Known Member

Actually hang on a minute, how on earth do you know its all stolen? I used to keep cigarettes and stuff hidden all the time, that was because i wasnt allowed to smoke. try asking him where he got it from first before assuming hes a thief

8. KittyGirl

He's not a smoker.

Mom had a long conversation with him when he got home from school and he admitted that he stole all of those things from the store he works at and was selling them to people at school to get some extra cash.

I don't even live with the two of them.
    I'm 200 miles away while mom is dealing with this on her own.
    The "I'm so disappointed in you act" is something I'm doing on my own because I feel guilty-- and he probably doesn't even know that I'm aware of his actions.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.