Awful day today

Discussion in 'Mental Health Disorders' started by Mordeci, Mar 23, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mordeci

Mordeci Banned Member

For some reason my day has been absouletly awful, and ths sad part is I was doing well before. I was getting to the gym, watching what I eat, working on a good sleeping schedule, trying to do everything right to get my depression down but it seems all for nothing. Today I couldn't get out of bed, I was so depressed I had to cancle my appoitments, and I didn't get to the gym, which was something that is really important to me. Nothing seems to be right and I can't seem to do anything.

2. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

Hopefully after resting today tomorrow will be better. sometimes taking a day off just for sleep is needed. I hope you can talk to your therapist or doctor let them know what is happening just to keep them updated. Tomorrow i hope you feel better

3. CAD

CAD Well-Known Member

I agree wholeheartedly with Violet. Also, it is perfectly natural to experience setbacks - especially with something like severe depression.The road to recovery is often bumpy, potholed and neglected by the local Council. It sounds like you have been making excellent progress too. Establishing an exercise and sleeping routine is like setting the foundations for you to build upon later.

I'm in the midst of depression myself so if you feel like venting or want to ask questions feel free to PM me.

4. Pebble

Pebble Well-Known Member

Definatly agree, like Violet and CAD have said we all need days just to rest and recharge. We will all take a few steps forward and then maybe a few more back before we move forward again, but this is ok, you can still get there. Its great that you have managed to get quite a few things sorted, sleep will be great for you and the exercise is hopefully helping you a lot. Maybe try to remake your apps tomorrow and use your support so that you can make sure you take some more steps forward again as soon as you can. If you would like to talk anytime, just PM me x

5. empty101

empty101 Well-Known Member

Any idea what triggered you? Figuring it out might help you.

Sometimes there are triggers that you don't even know are triggering you. Something worth thinking about.

Just remember to tell yourself when you're really depressed: you've gotten better before, and you will again.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.