Awful day

Status
Not open for further replies.

Porcelain

I saw two patients today who harmed themselves today.

One was a relatively minor injury but did require hospital treatment, although the patient refused point blank to come to a & e, so we did what we could at her home and gave her some wound care advice.

The second will (by tomorrrow at least) have succeeded in what she was trying to do. In one of the most horrific and painful ways I've seen. I wonder what she went through in her life to do something so terribly extreme. I hope, with all my heart, that she is at some kind of peace now. And I hope her husband can find some sense of normality and live on after witnessing something so terribly distressing.

kath

Hi

i was very sad to read about the situations you described above and to hear that you had such a bad day.i guess your job must be really hard sometimes.i am always here if you want to talk.

Take care
kath

blackfire

Some people jsut don't want to be helped. It is nice of you to watch out for others in your profession but you are not a miracle worker. I was a EMT student and saw many horrific things. I transfered out of that college, it was too much for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$70.00
Goal
$255.00