Baah! IDK. ):

Status
Not open for further replies.

Escapist

Hello,

I'm thinking of attending university. Kind of hate myself for not attenting right after my High School / College period. So many years were put to waste by working, and now i'm in that point of my life where i'm uncertain whether it's possible for me to be still somewhat successful. Anyway, in attempt to change that uncertain feeling i'm thinking of resuming school. Which hopefully will lead to some kind of social life aswell.

I could go for an online study, but in all honesty i'm not so sure about those. Does anyone have any experience with them? Besides it wouldn't really help my social life if I were to choose for an online study.

Baah! IDK. ):

--

Last edited by a moderator:

GoldenPsych

Go for it. If your heart tells you to go for it.

If you dont do it now you may regret it later when it's more expensive and your situation changes so that you possibly can't go.

xx

Mr Stewart

If it is at all feasible to do so, you should go for it. I loved university. As for the social aspect, it's easy to participate with that sort of thing as much or as little as you're comfortable with. I don't really like talking to or being around people so I avoided most of that but... well, nevermind my weirdness about it.

What were you thinking of studying?

Viro

Keep in mind, if you do it online, you will have far less social opportunities. If part of your motivation is meeting people, it might be better to go in person.

Madam Mim

I'm 25, and am over halfway through my degree. It's tough, and causes me a lot of stress, but I'm so glad I'm doing it. I started at university after my A levels, but at that time I just couldn't cope and was forced to leave. It took me six years to get back, but I've done it, and am on target for a first with honours.

I would do it, but not online. It's scary to start with all these strangers in such a big place, but it's the best thing I ever did. Go for it.

Mim

Escapist

Keep in mind, if you do it online, you will have far less social opportunities. If part of your motivation is meeting people, it might be better to go in person.
True. That's why i'm debating on what to do. Social contacts will help me in the long run, while an online study gives me freedom and access to still being able to work, without being bombed with study work.

I'm 25, and am over halfway through my degree. It's tough, and causes me a lot of stress, but I'm so glad I'm doing it. I started at university after my A levels, but at that time I just couldn't cope and was forced to leave. It took me six years to get back, but I've done it, and am on target for a first with honours.

I would do it, but not online. It's scary to start with all these strangers in such a big place, but it's the best thing I ever did. Go for it.

Mim
Congratulations on being able to get back in. :)
You are right, it is kind of scary. I'll do some research to see if there is anything close by within my interest.

Go for it. If your heart tells you to go for it.

If you dont do it now you may regret it later when it's more expensive and your situation changes so that you possibly can't go.

xx
This is true. It feels as if life is ticking away quickly, best to make most out of it while I still can. Thank you. :)

If it is at all feasible to do so, you should go for it. I loved university. As for the social aspect, it's easy to participate with that sort of thing as much or as little as you're comfortable with. I don't really like talking to or being around people so I avoided most of that but... well, nevermind my weirdness about it.

What were you thinking of studying?
It isn't really weird though. I prefer to be on my own more often than not aswell. But at the same time, I would like to have somekind of social contacts.

Currently i've been thinking about studying ; Psychology, but Graphic Design is on my list aswell. The teachers from my previous school recommended me to do that. So we'll see. I've found some courses online, but i'm unsure whether to go for that or not. Having access to some social contacts is pretty important for the Psychology course.

Anyhow. I'll be looking around my area and check online and just compare. Perhaps I can join some study group, even when iI chose an online study. ^_^

Thanks for the replies!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$145.00
Goal
$255.00