baby raccoon

Discussion in 'Soap Box' started by killtomorrow, Jun 24, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. killtomorrow

killtomorrow Well-Known Member

i dont know if this belongs here.

My moms friend found an abandoned baby raccoon a couple weeks ago and i guess she needs more attention than what they are giving her so im thinking about raising her but thats not going to happen if i dont get her vaccinated,so my question is is there any place i can get vaccines that i can give her myself and how much is it?

2. aoeu

aoeu Well-Known Member

Vet supply stores [for farm animals, that is] will carry it, complete with syringes [better to get someone older to buy it, since young people are more likely to use them to shoot up]. I'm not sure whether raccoon vaccines exist at all, though... Some diseases might be common to a bunch of species [like rabies], though. My step-dad does all the vaccinations for our cats and dogs.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 24, 2009
  3. Issaccs

Issaccs Well-Known Member

You can keep raccoons as pets?

4. aoeu

aoeu Well-Known Member

Well, my understanding is that no, she can't, so she can't go to a vet for the vaccinations.

5. killtomorrow

killtomorrow Well-Known Member

yeah in ohio it is legal to keep a raccoon as a pet as long as you get a license for it though im not sure if its legal to keep a wild coon.
    ive done alot of research and im aware of all the diseases and shit the coon could have and develope,i think im going to pass this time.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.