back after surgery

Discussion in 'Help Me! I Need to Talk to Someone.' started by assek, Nov 13, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. assek

assek Well-Known Member

its been two weeks since ive been here. i went into hospital for a minor plastic surgery... was in hospital for 4 days...

ive been home for a week now, and i just dont know whats going on with me. i feel so down and depressed. ugly. worthless.

apparently general anesthesia can make you feel 'down' , but its been 10 days since the surgery, it should all be out of my system by now. yet im still so tearful and i hate it.

i hate the fact that im losing control of my feelings, that i want to cry. i feel so childish. so weak and pathetic.

and of course i hate my puffy, swollen, bruised face, and feel like i will be this ugly forever.

i know i need to get myself together, grow up, and deal with it. toughen up. but i cant. i just cant. pathetic.

2. Sadeyes

Sadeyes Staff Alumni

Hi and welcome home...did you speak to your surgeon and does s/he feel this is expected? That might be a good place to start...also, it took me 3 weeks to really get back to myself after surgery...hope you feel better and welcome back...J

3. dazzle11215

dazzle11215 Staff Alumni

welcome home. i think you should have a chat with your doctor. are you on medication for depression? is it interacting with the pain medication? might not be working properly. best to talk to the doctor and find out what is going on.

4. assek

assek Well-Known Member

thanks for your input. i dont take any medication for depression and i have stopped taking pain medication.

i feel a little better, although i am so angry with myself for letting myself cry, and being so weak. i cant get over the fact that i lost control so easily.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.