Back after years. Lonely and broken

Discussion in 'Welcome' started by Lestat, Oct 19, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lestat

Lestat Well-Known Member

Hi, I'm going through a breakup that is destroying me. It's a sudden breakup without any explanation.
    We've been together for close to two years. Lived with each other. Now my life's empty.

I can't sleep or stop trying to get answers. I'm going crazy. I might be crazy. I know these are common things... I just feel it's the end of the world.

2. WildCherry

WildCherry Staff Member ADMIN

I'm sorry for what you're going through. You're right, how you're feeling is common... but that doesn't make it any easier to deal with. I won't say I know exactly how you feel, but I do know what it feels like to be left with no answers and a million questions. Talking about it helped me at the time, just knowing that I wasn't alone and other people had made it through.

2 people like this.
  3. Lestat

Lestat Well-Known Member

Thank you. I think I'm in shock and denial right now. I can't sleep no matter how much I try. I'm currently going to see a Doctor who I hope can help.

I keep reliving fantasies about how I could fix this. I don't know if I can or I'm just deluding myself.

All I keep repeating is "why?" because I just never got an answer.

4. Terry

Terry Antiquities Friend Staff Alumni

Been there, worn the T-shirt.

I wasted 2 years trying to work out why, nearly drove myself mad and drank myself silly.
    I had the whole fantasy thing going on as well.
    Good move to see a doc, anti-depressants helped and SF practically saved my life; peeps here let me talk and talk till I finally began to let go.

Keep talking, you are grieving and getting it out there helps no end.
    I know as I survived and so will you.

2 people like this.
  5. WildCherry

WildCherry Staff Member ADMIN

I can relate to your pain. It hurts not knowing why. You're doing the right thing by going to see a doctor, and by talking out how you feel.

2 people like this.
  6. Lestat

Lestat Well-Known Member

Thank you both. I just got back from seeing the doctor. He gave me antidepressants and some form of sleeping pill. I hope they work... Just something to take the edge off.

It's like we were perfect. No signs at all. Maybe it was my fault... Maybe I never gave her enough attention. I don't know.

7. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

I've been there too and also wore the t-shirt. Welcome back to the forum and keep talking if you find it helps (hugs)

8. Terry

Terry Antiquities Friend Staff Alumni

Don't start with the blame game.
    No relationship breaks over one person, both have to take their share.
    Good that the doc listened,
    Keep talking, there is always pms if you need to talk one to one.

9. Lestat

Lestat Well-Known Member

I managed to talk to her. She hasn't said we're getting back... So I doubt it'll it happen. I feel better as I got answers. The thing that upset me was not having answers.

She said she just doesn't love me anymore. She'd been thinking it for awhile... But never told me.

She isn't with anyone else. She just wants to build a new life.

I'll still try, I doubt it'll work.... But all that can happen is I'll be in the same situation I am.

Thanks all

10. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

I'm sorry that is not the outcome you wanted but at least you got some answers. Maybe stay away from here for a few days then talk yo her again when she has had time to collect her thoughts and think about what she has done. Best of luck to you (hug)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.