Back at Square 1

Discussion in 'Self Harm & Substance Abuse' started by Lone_Wolf, Oct 18, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lone_Wolf

Lone_Wolf Well-Known Member

I thought I was finally over this and that I would be okay. I was able to stop myself from hurting myself for two weeks. That probably doesn't sound long but it was the longest had gone in a while until yesterday. I had a breakdown yesterday and I hurt myself pretty badly. I didn't want to live anymore.

I feel like I'm stuck. Sometimes I believe I can beat this but other times I think "why even try?" I've been doing it for 8 years and counting so I wonder if I can really recover.

2. True-Lee

True-Lee Well-Known Member

Lone wold, I believe you can, I know it is hard but I know it is possible, I am sure there will be others in here that will tell you. I can not speak to it myself but I know and have seen that others have beaten it! There are people in here that will address it with you, I sincerely hope that you can an you do! I will support you as many others here will do the same! We are here for you! Please Keep yourself safe!

3. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

Hi lone wolf, I'm sorry you felt the need to self harm again, this weekend I hurt myself after not doing it in over 3 and a half years so I do understand. 2 weeks is a long time to someone who is a ''regular'' at doing it, you should be proud of that. I hope you can move on from this and recover, did you need to get medical attention as you said it was pretty bad? Just learn from it and move on otherwise, I know it's hard but we will be here for you no matter what you do!

4. Lone_Wolf

Lone_Wolf Well-Known Member

Thank you all for your response but I think I'm going to stop resisting the urge to hurt myself. It always comes back anyways so its better to just do it than to stop and have it occupy my thoughts all of the time.

Maybe I'll try stopping another day.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.