Back for a bit and really struggling

Discussion in 'Help Me! I Need to Talk to Someone.' started by MadeOfGlass, Sep 8, 2016.

1. MadeOfGlass

MadeOfGlass Well-Known Member

ok so tru story i haven't been on this site in like six months and here i am

this afternoon i had a really stressful (but productive) session with my therapist and there's just a lot going through my head right now and i'm panicking
    my roommates and friends are all busy with their own things and i don't want to stress my boyfriend out any more than he already is by venting to him about everything and i don't know what to do

it's my senior year of college and i'm drowning in work
    i'm losing weight and relapsing with my eating disorder because of the stress
    i really want to self harm
    my ptsd is making me constantly jumpy and nervous and scared and it's difficult to focus on the things i need to get done
  2. moxman

moxman I am proud to call Rosie, my best friend =) Forum Pro

Hello MadeOfGlass, I am Mox

I hate to hear that you are having such a rough time now, with everything going on in your life. Just so you know you are more than welcome to come here and vent, get it all out. We are here for you. You are not alone anymore in this fight; you have us. Take a moment and read my personal story below in green and know that you are not alone in your pain and suffering. The more you share of your story , the more we can help you. That is SF "works" you tell your story and we read your post and try to give you advice about what is going on in your life. Just know that we accept you as you are. We will never judge you , nor will we ever ridicule you. That BS is not tolerated here.

What kind of coping mechanisms do you use to help you deal with stress?

If you need to SH, please use ice cubes or something like that. Please don't use a blade. We are here to help you, in anyway we can.

Feel free to PM/IM me anytime.

Take Care
  3. Frances M

Frances M Mountain Woman

I'm sorry you're feeling so stressed. I get a lot of comfort posting here when I feel I have nobody to talk to. I used to SH as well and it got especially tempting under very stressful situations because the goal (for me anyway) was to relieve that stress. SH did that for me. Since then though, I've found other ways and I have to keep them up daily, deep breathing, praying/meditating, going for walks alone in the woods and stretching my muscles. Aromatherapy worked for me too, the fragrance of lavender is naturally soothing. Sorry I can't be more help!