Back for the 3rd time....

Discussion in 'Welcome' started by Legacy, Jul 30, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Legacy

Legacy Member

Hi everyone...

I haven't been here in a long time. I was looking through the forums and my last post was in 2012 when my son was due... probably one of the biggest mistakes i made was not carrying on talking here...

Some of you may remember that i was having a little boy. I was in a relationship... But i couldn't cope. I isolated myself, stopped talking to people, stopped coming here...

I made a lot of mistakes and have only just begun to move forward. In februrary this year my son was taken by child protective services. Because i couldn't cope. I couldn't give him what he needed. My partner of 4 years left me and went back to his mother who is trying to gain custody of my son (He's currently in foster care).

He's been gone for 6 months. I've started to improve. I'm once again taking my medication, i'm in several different types of 'treatment'. Professionals are recommending he comes home to me, now that i have improved. My ex that ditched me and blamed the entire situation on me wants to come back.... I'm trying to be strong. I've come a long way. I know i have. But i am worried about sinking back into the hole i was in and not being able to cope. Especially now i'm going to have to do it alone if my son does come home. I need some kind of support network to help me, and child protective services have been kind of useless tbh...

I'm in court all of next week as the decision will be made on if my son should come home. I know i've worked hard, but i am worried he won't. And i'm worried about how i will cope if he does...

Well... this post ended up quite long so i guess i'll end it here...

2. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

Hi Legacy it is good to see you again I am sorry things fell apart but it is good to hear you are getting more stable. Talk to your doctor ok about setting up resources to help you raise your son. Are there any groups in your area for single parents that get together to help each other Make sure the Child protective services listen to you get them also to help put some supports in place especially if you are feeling overwhelmed someone you can call. I hope you do get your son back soon

3. Legacy

Legacy Member

I have gotten a lot of classes and groups etc arranged, and a volunteer to come and see me for a few hours each week and give me a hand. But honestly, with his pre-school, my appointments and groups as well as all of my sons i don't know how i'm going to fit it all in :/

4. AAA3330

AAA3330 Well-Known Member

Welcome back to the forum.

5. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

Hi there, I am really sorry your child was taken by CPS but if it was needed maybe it was the right thing for that time. Now that you are better will they give you your child back? I cannot imagine how you must be feeling, also welcome back to the forum and keep talking to us.

6. DrownedFishOnFire

DrownedFishOnFire Quieta non movere

What about requesting a trail basis visitation to see if you're ready to have/take care of your kid?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.