Back from a trip - feel worse

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by maranature, Nov 17, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. maranature

maranature Well-Known Member

Hi,

I've just returned from a few weeks away on a trip. I had quite a nice time, saw some interesting stuff and met some nice people.

However, now that I've returned I feel more depressed than before. It feels like I'm barely functioning. Of course I was depressed before I left but I feel worse now. Maybe it's just some readjusting. Maybe having changed my lifestyle for a bit, shifted my mindset slightly - perhaps becoming less depressed (at times I felt less depressed when I was away), but now returning to my prison I have slumped again.

2. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

Try getting out of that prison for awhile even if it is just sitting out in your yard and getting some fresh air. Call friend to talk about your trip go for a coffee.
    take care

3. Chargette

Chargette Well-Known Member

It's good you got away for vacation for awhile. It's nice to get away from stuff that drags us down. Try to find ways to take "mini vacations", i.e. get your mind off of matters to keep the load lighter. :hug:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.