Back from another trip

Discussion in 'Rants, Musings and Ideas' started by Stormhand, Oct 20, 2009.

1. Stormhand

Stormhand Well-Known Member

I just ccame home from my Dad's funeral.
    I was up in Canada for 5 days, with Family.
    In the time I was there, hardly any of my family even noticed I was there.
    Did not matter if I joined a conversation or not.
    My brother however, he got the royal treatment, the night dad died my aunt went to him hugged him, me however, she just looked at me for a second asked if I was ok, I nodded. She turned back to my brother.
    I..was..so..pissed!!!!
    I felt liek I meant nothing to my own family, particularly the aunt who I loved so much when I was little.

I wanted..so bad..to blow up on her.
    But with teh events, and in respect for my dad I didn't, it was so damn hard not to though.

This very same thing happened the day of the funeral.
    I felt liek I was not even part of my own family, I even noticed she looked at me differently then my brother.

During all of this, I look at myself and have to point out the only reason is cause of how due to myseisures I have not been able to do a lot in my life, my brother however.
    Good job, house, wife.

This should not matter at all!
    Family is supposed to be family no matter what.
    Its things liek this, that has made me so damn anti-social among my own family, and more communicating to my friends, who hate hearing things like this, I have no damn support emotionally irl, its just me enduring everything.

Like earlier this year, in February, my best friend stopped talking to my and my GF at the time (who ia m over) dumped me.

I am so damn tired of it, I am to the point I do not know what to do.

2. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

I think writing a letter to the family members who you feel are ignoring you and in it tell them how you feel and how you miss their support and love. especially to the aunt write her and let her know how you miss the way you were loved as a child and wish you could have that back and mail it to them see what happens if they respond good if not at least they know you need them and love them no matter what.

3. stuckinchicago6

stuckinchicago6 Well-Known Member

It sucks that your family has to be that way. My father's family is like that with me. I rarely see them these days, but every time I am forced to go to some type of family gathering, they just ignore me pretty much. Any socialization seems forced. It is almost as if when my dad and mom were divorced, his family divorced me too. Sometimes, my father's mother (sorry but I will just not call that woman a grandmother) even messes up and calls me by my mother's name. When my grandfather died, I was out of the country and unable to attend the funeral. I sent flowers and wrote on the online obituary. The mother and my dad's sister's said, "Thanks for the stuff you wrote about my father/ husband". They never ever refer to my dad's father as my grandfather. They only do that with me. All the other grandchildren are treated as members of the family.... I have pretty much stopped caring. Their behavior makes me want to be as distant from them as possible.

4. Stormhand

I remember this being talked about to my dad when he was still alive, some years ago, they said it was all in my head.

5. WildCherry

WildCherry Staff Member ADMIN

It really sucks that they treated you that way. I think writing a letter is a good idea too, because you at least deserve to be heard. :hug:

6. bubblin girl

bubblin girl Well-Known Member

oh im so sorry to ur father dead...i hope u feel better soon...I hope hes in better place...im really sorry to hear that.:sad:

I think u should foucus more in death of ur dad first...and let all ur sadness out...then discus it with them...maybe they think u r the kind of person u like to be by yourself when u feel sad or angry..so they let u in u take a breath and set in ur comfortebale zoon...they dont want to annoyed u cos ur sad of father dead...let the m know that u would like them to talk to u cos u love it & ull not be annoyed if they come to u.

7. Stormhand

Yep my dad's death was THE ONLY reason I went, I said what I wanted to say.

I am going to do one thing, cause I knwo what it would of been what he wanted, me and my brother have really not got along since we was both in middle school, so I am going to try to get along better with him, for dad.

As to the rest of the family, they can go to hell, if the only way I can get their attention is by impressing them, they are no family of mine.