Back From The Abyss

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by liamthomas, Oct 12, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. liamthomas

liamthomas Member

Just had the worst week every and the last two days scared my as far as how low I had gotten. I thought quitting all things unhealthy would help, however quitting coffee is what was making things worse. Thank goodness for the chat room, we started talking and I looked up effects. Going cold turkey on caffeine was pushing further down into the darkness. Still very depressed but after having a redbull, all the body pain and super misery subsided. Still have a long way to go but if you are depressed and usually drink caffeine and then quit cold turkey, know it could make things worse. Rock On.

2. NYJmpMaster

NYJmpMaster Have a question? Message Me Staff Member Forum Owner ADMIN

Anything that adds stress to a already difficult situation is going to make everything harder to tolerate. Though I absolutely agree that some things like alcohol, nicotine, and caffeine ultimately would be better if not in your life, sometimes one must choose their battles one at a time and put the other off for a while until strong enough to and enough reserves to deal with the added stress. Your attempt was brave, and not doing so was in no way a failure, simply a matter of deciding the priority may have been misplaced at this time.

3. liamthomas

liamthomas Member

NYJmpMaster thanks and well said :smile-new:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.