1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Back From The Abyss

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by liamthomas, Oct 12, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. liamthomas

liamthomas Member

Just had the worst week every and the last two days scared my as far as how low I had gotten. I thought quitting all things unhealthy would help, however quitting coffee is what was making things worse. Thank goodness for the chat room, we started talking and I looked up effects. Going cold turkey on caffeine was pushing further down into the darkness. Still very depressed but after having a redbull, all the body pain and super misery subsided. Still have a long way to go but if you are depressed and usually drink caffeine and then quit cold turkey, know it could make things worse. Rock On.

2. JmpMster

JmpMster Have a question? Message Me Staff Member Forum Owner ADMIN

Anything that adds stress to a already difficult situation is going to make everything harder to tolerate. Though I absolutely agree that some things like alcohol, nicotine, and caffeine ultimately would be better if not in your life, sometimes one must choose their battles one at a time and put the other off for a while until strong enough to and enough reserves to deal with the added stress. Your attempt was brave, and not doing so was in no way a failure, simply a matter of deciding the priority may have been misplaced at this time.

3. liamthomas

liamthomas Member

NYJmpMaster thanks and well said :smile-new:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.