Back from vacation

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by JobForAVictim, Aug 19, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JobForAVictim

JobForAVictim Well-Known Member

I'm back from my vacation in Manicland. Over the past few weeks, I became manic, converted to Catholicism, decided to move to Texas and join the military. Thankfully, before I could actually follow through with any of those stupid decisions, I collapsed back into depression.

Now I just want this stupid cycle to stop.

2. Shadowlands

Shadowlands Official SF Hugger Staff Alumni

Maybe if you followed one of those stupid decisions you would have something else to think about thank depression. Anyway :hug: to you and hang in there!

3. RainbowChaser

RainbowChaser Well-Known Member

:hug: Manic depression (or bi-polar) is nasty like that I'm afraid. I don't know much about it from personal experience, but from what I can tell, alot of people who suffer with manic depression/bi-polar have real problems dealing with the cycles.

Are you getting any treatment at all for this?

4. gentlelady

gentlelady Staff Alumni

Good to see you back. I am sorry that you went through what you have. I wish you could find something to replace the depression. Take care. :hug:

5. JobForAVictim

JobForAVictim Well-Known Member

I'm getting "treatment" for it. The reason I put quotes around it is because the medications do almost nothing. I've been given Zyprexa, Seroquel, and Lamictal. The Lamictal didn't help with the depression at all, and apparently none of the medications stopped me from having a manic episode. And even if I go right up to my psychiatrist and say "I want to kill myself," pretty much all that happens is a dosage gets adjusted. Hell, the zyprexa and seroquel aren't even helping me sleep anymore.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.