Back on a sleep schedule?

Discussion in 'Midnight Owl' started by Neverhappyalwayssad, Jun 5, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Neverhappyalwayssad

Neverhappyalwayssad Well-Known Member

What has worked for you guys? Right now I'm a mess, but I would like to wake up in the morning instead of at 9 pm lol. I go to sleep around 12am, and stay alseep til 9m then. I've tried staying up or going to sleep earlier but it doesn't work.
  2. Aurora Gory Alice

Aurora Gory Alice Well-Known Member

I usually force myself out of the house.

If I find myself getting into a silly sleep pattern, I'll sleep around the clock until I am sleeping in the evenings again, anything between 9pm - 11pm. I'll force myself up at 9am (latest 10am), shower and leave. Doesn't matter where I go, as long as I'm up.
  3. Remedy

Remedy Chat & Forum Buddy

I think it's easier if you have a reason to get out of bed early, mine has been to go to the gym, you could go for a walk?
    If you're tired when you wake up tell yourself you'll have a nap later.
  4. max0718

max0718 Well-Known Member

I'm a night person. No doubt about it. I can't seem to adjust my sleeping schedule to get me up in the day time. The thing that has worked the best for me most recently is going to the gym at about 9 - 10pm. That makes me tired enough to go to sleep at about 1 am. But I still struggle to get up before 9 am in the morning. :sad: Oh well, have to keep trying I guess.
  5. Bambi

Bambi Well-Known Member

Try going to the gym earlier...and maybe a tea like SleepyTime with Camomile..I mix the two and take an antihistamine as they are not addicting but make sure it doesn't counteract with any other meds. I too stay awake till I am back on a normal schedule but one thing i have learned is if I am behind on hours I can't get back on schedule till I have made up the lost is cumulative so have to give back to my body before I can get the 7-9hrs I really need.

6. reefer madness

reefer madness Account Closed

I also use antihistamines to get to sleep.
  7. LenaLunacy

LenaLunacy Well-Known Member

During the holidays i get into ridiculous patterns of going days without sleep and then catching up on it for 2 or 3 days of solid sleep. Or i go to bed at silly o clock in the morning and get up at silly o clock in the afternoon. And then, when college kicks in i'm screwed. All i do is force myself to go to bed at a normal ish time, and get up at a normal ish time. Eventually my body gets so tired with the new routine and not conforming to it that it concedes and gives in xD
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.