Back on meds

Discussion in 'Mental Health Disorders' started by HighsandLows, Oct 21, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. HighsandLows

HighsandLows Active Member

Having hit crisis point in the last few days, today I dragged myself to the doctor and I am now back on meds. I don't want to be depressed. I don't want to die. I can't fight it alone, so meds it is. I have to say that my visit to the doctor is the most surreal situation I have ever had. I saw a locum. He was fantastic. We ended up shopping on ebay...I walked out laughing at the daftness of it. I'm not looking forward to the next couple of weeks or so while the meds kick in. These ones I have had before, and I know they make me feel worse before I feel better. I've only had one a few hours ago, and I Already feel sick. I know there's more to come, but I also know I have to stick at it purely because I can't go on like this.

2. GreyCat

GreyCat Well-Known Member

Well done anyway for getting out and doing something about it. hang in there.

3. HighsandLows

HighsandLows Active Member

Had to be done. The other just isn't an option. I can't live like this. I can't die. It's not an option. My daughter has already lost one parent to suicide. I can't do that to her.

4. Black31

Black31 Active Member

well done on being brave enough to go and see ur doctor. i know it takes alot of guts. that's very wierd u ended up shopping on ebay! never known that to happen in a consultation! what meds did he give u that make u feel ill? i've tried different meds b4 and they make me sick and give me awful headaches/tiredness. hope ur depression improves and that you can be there for ur daughter. :)

5. Monsieur

Monsieur Well-Known Member

Hope things are going alright.

6. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

Wow good for you and i hope the side effects will be less this time I found that when going back on the same meds it wasn't as bad or long for side effects to go away glad you chose to help you. take care

7. IV2010

IV2010 Well-Known Member

so glad you sought some more help....if you need meds that's ok...a small price to pay for being alive i reckon.
    also good that you know your daughter needs you..
    I hope they 'kick in' soon

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.